A Mess Of A Girl

Vale's P.O.V.

"Crap..." Spinning to face Obi-Wan, I whine. "It wasn't my fault. I swear!"

"Of course it wasn't. Everything apparently breaks around you." 

He shakes his head while pushing the broken glass into a pile and glancing around us in the hall. No one is around at the moment to witness us trying to hide the pieces of a priceless vase in the Jedi Temple. 

Sending me a look, Obi-Wan hides the pieces behind the stand it was on. Standing back up and grabbing my arm, he guides us down the hall quickly. I roll my eyes at his persistence while whispering, annoyed. 

"I can walk myself! Let go."

"Honestly, V. It's been five years and you're still the same mess." He snaps in a low tone while directing us toward the door we're supposed to meet Qui-Gon. "I should have known from the moment I laid eyes on you."

"Oh, Obi-Wan... Keep sweet talking me." 

I moan out sarcastically, causing him to blush. His eyes glance at mine in irritation while I raise an eyebrow at him challenging. I don't have to ask to know I've been a pain in Kenobi's ass since the day we met. 

For the last five years, he's been cleaning up my messes, looking after me and saving my ass from getting kicked out of the Jedi Order. He's nineteen years old and I'm fifteen, so of course I'm not as mature as him.

 In my defense, he doesn't give me the chance to show maturity. He always steps in like my father used to. Qui-Gon's not blind to this either; he knows I'm still a mess of tricks and accidents. The only difference from me five years ago and now is my strength, skills with a light saber and the force.

 However, I still get myself into a situation that one of them has to bail me out of. I sense it's for Qui-Gon to prove to the Jedi Council that I don't need another Master. I rather not have a different master either. 

He's not like most of them, which is why he isn't on the council. I find it easier to accept failure and my messes because of him being my Master. Which might be a reason I'm still a handful to this day.

"When we go inside, don't even think about the vase." Obi-Wan mumbles when we reach the door. "He'll sense it in your mind and know."

"Wow. Really?" I frown his way and fold my arms while stating sarcastically. "I didn't know Jedi can do that."

Shaking his head, Obi-Wan shoves me lightly before walking in first. Groaning to myself, I follow him in. He always acts like I'm a burden to him, but I secretly know he'd be terribly bored without me. 

Since the first day we've trained together, he's tried to be the precise image of a Jedi Knight. I've never seen him do one wrong thing. Without me, his life would be utterly boring from being so perfect. 

I know I'm not as practical or controlled as him, but I learn better from making flaws. He, however, only needs to learn it once to do it to perfection. Coming to Obi-Wan's side, I find Yoda standing beside Qui-Gon in the training room. 

My expression stiffens; no one told me he's accompanying us. The Masters turn to face us; they smile at both of us and my mind immediately goes to the image of the broken vase. It was from the old Republic and I know it was because it had a young Yoda symbol on it.

I instantly feel guilt growing from thinking Yoda might actually have sentimental value for it. I didn't see many pictures of him when he was young. Walking up to them, I watch Yoda's smile fall slightly before bringing it back up and speak.

"That vase... I look good in, I did not."

"Sorry, Master..." I blurt out and watch Qui-Gon frown, glancing between the three of us. I don't have to peep over to Obi-Wan to know he's displeased with me. Stepping forward with his cane, Yoda points at us with his head tilted. "Here to see your progress, I am."