Leave It Unspoken

Vale's P.O.V.

"Vale, wait. Please."

"Why? So you can justify what you said? To belittle my feelings-"

"I am not belittling you."

Obi-Wan raises his voice in outrage while grabbing my arm to turn me around. I come to face him and find his face covered in conflict. Quickly swiping my cheeks to make sure he can't see tears, I glance around the night.

His hand on my arm softens, and I can feel him watching intently. I can still feel the hurt from our last conversation at the firepit. His words keep reminding me how he's seen me for the past two years.

"We can't behave like this, V."

Obi-Wan whispers while moving his head for me to look at him. I know what he's insinuating, and I don't like one bit of it. We've become workaholics for the past two years, trying to ignore what we know, but we can't escape it here.

This place is just a pool of memories that have become the reasons we feel the way we do for each other. We can't hide in our missions now, we can't fill the time with talking to others. All we have now is each other and a pink elephant staring at us.

"Like what?" I play dumb and fold my arms, knowing what his next words will be. "Tell me."

"You know I won't."

He mumbles in regret while shaking his head slowly. I snort and nod while turning away from him. Not wanting to relive his past rejection, I turn and open my door, snapping at him behind me.

"Of course you won't. Always have to be the good Jedi knight."

"It's not like that." Obi-Wan declares, pushing his way into my cabin. He slams my door behind him and walks around me to meet my eyes again. "Why can't you see this is for our own good?"

"Obi-Wan, please. Don't patronize me."

I bark while shoving him away from me, frustrated. Pushing my hair back, I try to regain a civil mind. All I can do is admit what I've known since our last kiss.

"For the past two years, I've watched you act like nothing has changed between us... While I had to pretend. I've been struggling every day with you since that night-"

"You don't think I'm pretending? You don't think this is difficult for me, too?" Kenobi yells waving his hand around us. "Every time you look at me with that same afflicted face, I'm reminded of what I'm putting us through!"

"What do you expect me to do after what happened, Obi-Wan? After how we left things?"

I shout in disbelief while trying to get my head on straight. We could have avoided all of this if we just discussed what happened on Persavi. I tried to do that last morning we were there, but we left it open from Obi-Wan, not being able to say what he wanted to out loud.

I understand why he wouldn't say how he felt out loud. That's not the problem. It's how we left that conversation. We left it without resolving the matter. We dump our desires out in the open without speaking of them again.

Those feelings are still out in the open to this day. It was easier when we had distractions, but now we have none. It's in the air mocking us, reminding us the what if of two years ago. Turning my head away from him, I sigh in defeat and whisper.

"Don't you ever think about what would have happened if we just finished the conversation we started on Persavi?"

"Of course, I do Vale..." Obi-Wan breaths out while moving to sit on the stairs in my cabin. "A day hasn't gone by without me thinking of how I should have gone after you that morning."