What Would I do Without You?

Vale's P.O.V.

"We got the Senators, General V."

"Copy, I'll see you back on Coruscant." I announce through my communication chip in my ear to Anakin. Stabbing a battle droid, I yell out to my squad. "Fall back, we're heading home, boys!"

Glancing around, I see squadrons of battle droids marching up to us. The Separatists had taken a handful of the Republic's senators a few days ago. Anakin, Ahsoka and I were given the mission to bring them back to safety.

We figured out what planet the Separatists took the Senators to in a matter of days. Then Anakin came up with the bright idea for him and Ahsoka to sneak into the building and rescue them while me and my unit created a diversion. The only problem with his plan is that we didn't account for how many battle droids would be here.

Droids surround me and my squad as we shuffle our ship. There's too many of battle droids that are too close for us to take our eyes away from them. As I try clearing a path to our ship, I hear Anakin say on the communication chip.

"You don't mind if I notify Obi-Wan you're coming back? I'm sure he's anxiously waiting for you-"

"Don't you dare." Snapping at him, I hear his laughter through our communication. "I can tell himself, Skywalker. I don't need your help."

"Speaking of help." Anakin comment innocently with a sly tone. "Do you need me to come back down and save your ass?"

Growling in frustration from Anakin's cocky attitude, I whisper for Angel. Suddenly she's trampling down droids while coming straight towards me. Climbing onto her back and blocking the blast coming my way, I bark into my earpiece.

"No, not this time-"

"Maybe if Obi-Wan was here you would say yes-"

"Ahsoka, remember what I taught you? Do it."

"On it, V."

"Wait, what did she teach you- Ugh! That's not right! Valera!"

Smirking as I hear the commotion in the communication chip, I steer Angel to help my squad. A few weeks ago I showed Ahsoka what I used to do to Anakin when he was a Padawan and by the sounds of it through the earpiece, she's doing it correctly. Heading to my team, I block the droids to allow them to reach the ship.

Angels mangling droids around us as I block their shots with my saber. As I use myself and Angel as a defensive wall, I hear Anakin's plan fly out of the planet's atmosphere. In the next second, I glance behind me and find my team going into the ship and I don't hesitate to follow behind them.

Angel turns and sprints to the ship as I block the incoming blasts. When she gets onto the ramp, the ship rises and slowly takes off. I get off her back and we make our way inside the ship together.

The ramp closes behind up when we enter the back of the ship and we speed up into the sky. Glancing around, I don't see any of my men wounded, and I sigh in relief. Anakin really risked our lives with his last-minute plan.

As Angel plops down beside Lell, her favorite boy of the group, I head to the cockpit. Merc's sitting in the Pilot-In-Command chair and Gitt is sitting in the copilot seat. Coming up behind them, I see us just then entering space as Merc informs me.

"Everything looks good, General. We'll be back to Coruscant in no time."

"Isn't it funny how you never wanted to go to Coruscant and now you'll take every chance?" Gitt comments from his seat while messing with a few gadgets on the control desk. "... I wonder why?"

"Just stick to flying and keep your nose where it belongs."

I tease while shoving him lightly from behind, which causes him to chuckle. Turning back around, I exit the cockpit and go to sit in the back of the ship. Letting out a breath, I plop down into a chair and lean back to get comfortable.