You Have My Heart

Vale's P.O.V.

Geonosians move us onto a wagon with a creature roped to the front of it. Obi-Wan and I still have the restraints on our wrists. We can hear hundreds of shouting voices outside the threshold of the arena.

I'm staring out of the threshold, seeing Geonosians are flying to their seats. We've seen no one from the Jedi Order this entire time. Standing beside Obi-Wan, I gulp, thinking this might be it.

This might be our last day alive. I have so much I want to say, but not enough time. There are places I still want to see, things I want to do. Though staring at the threshold, I feel lost in what the rest of the day will hold for us.

Taking in a deep breath, I turn my head to look at Obi-Wan. As if he senses me looking at him, his eyes come down to me with soft blue, assuring eyes. My eyes glance at his long pushed back hair and his short, none patchy beard.

I can sense him still holding onto hope. It might be the only thing keeping me calm as I hear the hundreds of Geonosians outside waiting for us. Trying to smile, I whisper out the only joke I can think of.

"This isn't as much fun as when you put handcuffs on me."

Obi-Wan lips show an amused smile at the memory I'm thinking of. A blush comes to his cheeks when remembering that night my hands were cuffed on his bedpost. Nodding slowly, Obi-Wan tries to go along with the joke, as he's always done.

"Yes... Well, I must admit that's the only time I enjoy seeing you in them."

Biting my bottom lip, I hold a smile, trying to ignore what will soon happen. Obi-Wan turns to me move and leans his head closer. I tilt my head, holding his gaze, and let out a breath, mumbling.

"You drive me crazy, you know that?"

"... And only you can make me go insane."

Obi-Wan teases and for a moment I can't hear the yelling inside the arena. All I hear is Obi-Wan's voice and our breaths. My eyes dart to his lips and I smile softly, thinking of all our memories together.

I see him give me a small smile before leaning closer to me. My eyes go back to his as he drops his head towards me. Lifting my head up to him and closing my eyes, I feel his lips press down on top of mine.

Our kiss is gentle and tender, as if it became any deeper, it would hurt us. It feels like our first kiss when we were Padawans. Obi-Wan kisses me just like how he did the night before I left to Naboo. Like he's saying goodbye, but still has faith our paths will cross again.

His beard brushes against my jaw and cheeks from the simple kiss. When we feel the wagon jolt, we slowly pull away and see the Geonosians about to move us into the Arena. My eyes stay on Obi-Wan as the wagon rolls and I whisper in the same tone I used the night I said it for the first time.

"That's because my heart belongs to you."

Obi-Wan smiles down at me as we roll out of the tunnel. He leans his head to mine again and kisses me like the night I spoke those words. Humming into his lips, I bring my cuffed hands to his shirt.

Squeezing the fabric, I lean into him, deepening the kiss. He tilts his head while his cuffed hands grab my belt. Parting my lips, he moves his tongue against my lips before moving it past them.

Sighing, I hold his shirt tighter and arch my back. He leans over me, his mouth attacking mine in a heap of love. When coming up for air, he rests his forehead on mine and whispers.

"You have my heart too, darling... But you always knew that."

"That I did, Kenobi."

I grin with my forehead against his, and I can feel him smiling down at me. I knew the first time he saved my skin as a Padawan. Since then, he's been stuck with my messes. Lifting my head from his, I raise my connected wrists to his jaw.