Something's Not Right

Vale's P.O.V.

Something's not right.

I'm sitting in Obi-Wan's chair beside his desk while he's sleeping in his bed. It's late at night and I should be in bed with him, but I couldn't sleep. Obi-Wan leaves tomorrow for a mission with Anakin while I'm stationed here in the Jedi Temple for a few more days.

I'm sitting in Obi-Wan's chair with one of his shirts on. The shirt is white and ends at my mid-thighs; it's what he usually wears underneath all his clothing. Fiddling with the pearl necklace around my neck, I can't help but think of how the last Jedi council meeting left me discourage.

I just left the last session with the Jedi Council with less faith than when I entered. Half of the council is in battle with the Separatists at the moment. In the meeting, we discussed the development of the Clone War and the Republic.

It's been three years since it the battle on Geonosis. Within those three years, so much has altered, and it's only now I sense something wrong about the changes. The council senses it too, but with the war it's hard to see clearly of the future.

Everyone in the Jedi Order has spent the last three years fighting in battles with brief gaps for rest. Things in the Republic are shifting in ways the Jedi Order fears, yet we can't understand why. Nothing about our situation in the Clone War and the Republic is clear in the force anymore.

It's been four months since Obi-Wan proposed to me and I say yes. However, with all the has happened, we haven't spoken of getting married. I fear getting marry will have the same fate as our unborn baby, but it's not the time to dwell on that.

Within the last four months, the council expelled Ahsoka from the Jedi Order because they found her guilty of bombing one of the Jedi Temple hangar. When proven falsely accused by this crime, the Council asked her to come back to the Jedi Order, but she declined.

It was rough on the Jedi Council when she declined for multiple reasons, but it did the most damage on Anakin. Whenever I see him now, he acts differently; he's less optimistic. I've attempted to cheer him up, but it's difficult because I have doubts of my own to deal with.

Everyone in the Jedi Order has worries now about the Republic and the Clone War. With each passing day, the war continues and the Republic changes, the Jedi Order gets less and less optimistic about the future. There is more fighting in the galaxy than debates in the Senate now.

"Darling, are you alright?"

I hear Obi-Wan sleepy voice causing me to get out of my thoughts. Feeling his lips against my cheek, I turn my head and find him out of bed and beside me. I smile at him, but it doesn't reach my eyes as I mumble.

"Yeah... I just couldn't sleep."

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asks in a concerned tone and I know it's from Anakin always having nightmares as a padawan. Shaking my head, I meet his eyes and admit. "No. I just can't stop... Thinking... About everything, the war, the Republic."

I hear him sigh before moving to stand in front of where I sit. He kneels down in front of me and rests his hands on my thighs to comfort me. Smiling at me with tenderness, he suggests in a soft tone.

"Don't dwell on what you can't change, V. Just take it day by day."

"We have..." I comment as I tilt my head. "And three years have gone by."

Obi-Wan lets out a breath, knowing what I'm trying to say. Us taking things day by day has let this war continue for three years. His hands run up and down my thighs and he nods slowly before murmuring in a calm tone.