Bun In The Oven

Obi-Wan's P.O.V.

"Anakin, don't do anything without consulting either myself, V, or the council."

I speak up as the speed train stops at his destination. Anakin's grabbing his and Padme's bags, getting ready to take her back to Naboo. Vale's beside me with Anakin in front of us saying.

"Yes, master."

Vale and I are seeing the two off for their travel back to Naboo before making a stop with one of our old friends. Our plan is to figure out where the toxic dart came from and go from there with tracking down Padme's killer. This morning we checked the dart with a droid scanner but nothing popped up.

So Vale and I thought of our old friend, Dex. He's been a long-time friend of ours, and a smart one at that. We come by his diner from time to time when needing technical information. Once we've got a lead from him, we'll leave first thing from Coruscant.

Anakin's in more looking civilian clothing for his and Padme secret travel back to Naboo. Though, Padme still looks like someone high in the Republic. Turning to Padme, I smile assuringly and promise in a light tone.

"I'll get to the bottom of this plot quickly, milady. You'll be back here in no time."

"I'll be most grateful for your speed, Master Jedi." Padme smiles before turning to face Vale. They pull each other into a hug as Padme mumbles. "I wish our time together wasn't so short. I'll be looking forward to the next time I see you."

"I'll be counting the days as usual." Vale teases while pulling away from her. Smirking at Vale's joke, Padme turns to me and demanding in a casual tone. "You look after her, Master Kenobi. She's too carefree for her own good."

Frowning lightly, I get déjà vu from my conversation with Yoda and Windu earlier. We had discussed my worry about Anakin's mission to protect the Senator when they warmed me to look after Vale. They expressed I should keep an eye on her more during our assignment to pursuit the bounty hunter.

It caught me off guard, since they had never been worried about her safety before. Windu has always seen highly of Vale's capabilities in missions. Plus, Yoda constantly suggests Vale take on the more dangerous objectives from her past reckless behavior.

"Have no fear, milady. Vale and I always take care of one another." I answer her while offering her a crooked smile. Resting a hand on Vale's back, I glance at her, smiling genuinely. Padme raises an eyebrow, smirking before mumbling. "I'm sure you do."

"It's time to go." Anakin speaks up again, heading to the train's doors. Padme nods while grabbing a bag and answering. "I know."

Vale and I watch them step off the train with R2-D2. Padme's Captain comes beside us to watch them leave. After a second of silence, Vale steps past us and calls out to my Padawan.

"Anakin, may the force be with you."

"May the force be with you two."

Anakin smiles at her, and nods before going back to Padme's side. I hear her let out a sigh before folding her arms. I sense her thinking hard about the two of them leaving on their own without us. Watching them fade out of our view, I mumble.

"I do hope he doesn't try anything foolish."

"I'd be more concerned about her doing something than him."

~A Local Diner~

"Someone to see you, honey! Jedi, by the looks of them."

The server droid call out to the cook in the back. Vale and I glance around the small downtown diner, waiting to see our friend, Dexter Jettster. You can't miss him though, he's an oversized Besalisk.