No Loose Wire Jokes

Obi-Wan's P.O.V.

"We got company, lovebirds."

I send Anakin a quick, disapproving look from his nickname for Vale and me. Turning to face our company, I see three destroyer droids come rolling towards us down the hall and I let go of Vale. Quickly pressing the elevator button, I toss Vale a spare light saber I brought for her.

When Anakin and I set out to rescue Vale and her father, I brought along an extra light saber for her because of the situation that happened with Cad Bane a year ago. It's nothing fancy as her orange bladed light saber; it a simple green blade, but it'll do the trick.

The three of us activate our sabers the second the destroyers stop moving and unlock. At the same moment, they shoot in our direction, making us block the shots with our blades. Deflecting the blasts, I hear Anakin speak up to Vale through the blast commotion.

"We located your father on the observation platform. It's at the stop of the ship."

"Count Dooku is probably waiting for us there." Vale points out seriously. "We must be extra cautious."

"You, cautious? Please."

"Never an elevator when you need one."

I sigh, ignoring Anakin's teasing remark as I glance to the elevators that have still yet to open. Anakin, me and Vale continue to defend ourselves against three destroyer droids.

Waiting for an elevator to open, we slowly back up toward towards the doors. When we hear the doors open, we step into it without looking behind us. We defend a few more blasts before the doors shut again, and the elevator goes up.

"Drop your weapons." We hear a battle droid say from behind us. "I said drop them."

"Roger, roger."

I send a look to Anakin and Vale before we turn our heads at the same time. In the elevator is a unit of battle droids staring at us. There's a moment of silence before the three of us swing our sabers at the group.

Slicking them with ease, it only takes a few seconds to kill them all. When the last one's destroyed and on the ground, we turn off our light sabers. Vale glances at us with a smirk before mimicking the droids.

"Roger, roger."

"Roger." I repeat in a dramatic tone as a smile comes to my face. Anakin nods at us while clipping his saber to his belt and agrees in a funny voice. "Roger that."

Holding in our laughter, we face back around to the doors. There's a moment of silence as the elevator goes up. Just as I put my saber back onto my belt, the elevator jolts before completely stopping.

"Did you press the stop button?" I blurt out to Vale and Anakin with concern. They look at one another before turning to me and asking together. "No, did you?"

"No." I shake my head and glance around the elevator. Inspecting the keypad, I hear Anakin comment. "Well, there's more than one way to get out of here."

"Oh, well, that's a bright idea."

Vale snorts, making me turn and see Anakin cutting into the ceiling of the elevator with his saber. With her hands on her hips, Vale watches Anakin is if she's not the reason Anakin doesn't these last-minute ideas. Sighing to myself as if I'm surrounded by children, I take out my communication radio.

"We don't want to get out. We want to get moving." I state to Anakin before speaking into the radio. "R2, activate elevator 31174. Come in R2. R2, do you copy? R2, activate elevator number 31174. Activate elevator 31174. R2, we-"