A Second Chance

Obi-Wan's P.O.V.

"Vale... Darling?"

I call out as I walk through the clone base on Coruscant. Vale's with her squad, tossing little chunks of raw meat to the Nighthunter. A few of her Clone members are sitting around her watching with grins and her Lieutenant Merc is standing beside her.

I just got done talking to the council while she was getting her and her Maalraas settled. They advice I stay with Vale until the bounty on her fades or gets dropped. The council believes the bounty might be because Vale could be the chosen one and Sidious has something planned soon.

Strolling in the group's direction, I see Vale toss a piece of meat up high in the air. Her Nighthunter leaps and catches, making everyone watch in awe. I notice other units watching in amusement and in a little fear.

"Valera."

I speak up again to get her attention, which makes her glance in my direction. Seconds later, I see the rest of her team turn to look at me from wondering why she stopped throwing raw me. When one of the clone, I recall as Gitt, see me he burst out laughing and says to Vale.

"Oh, no... Someone's here to shut down the party. Want me him deck him for you, boss?"

"Depends." Vale teases to Gitt while watching me coming towards her. She hands Merc the back of meat and walks over to me, asking. "Are you here to rain on our parade?"

"No... But I need to talk to you." I answer in a casual tone as she comes to stand in front of me. My eyes glance back to her squad and see them all watching me, intrigued, making me mumble. "... In private. Now."

"Hm. I'll allow it..." Vale teases while biting her bottom lip before calling out to her team. "Keep your pants on. I'll be back in a second."

As we walk away, I lead her to the headquarters of this base. Going inside the building, we see Clones walking up and down the hallway. They salute us as we pass them before finding an empty room. The room is a meeting room, to go over battle plans.

Opening the door for Vale, I watch her shuffle past me with a curious raise eyebrow and a smirk. The room has a long narrow table with chairs all around it. Vale plops onto the table and finds my gaze while asking with a soft smile.

"Obi-Wan, before you say anything, I just want to-"

"Stop right here, sweetheart." I interrupt her quickly as I wave my hand at her. "I want you to be quiet and listen."

Her eyebrows raise in surprise at my sternness, but it's the only way I know how to act to make her just shut up and listen to what I have to say. I've been wanting to talk to her about us since the day we kissed on the dead ship. However, she got kidnapped by Cad Bane and I had to spend the next three days searching for her.

I don't want something to happen again and prevent me from telling her what's on my mind. With Vale, anything could happen and a year might go by without me saying what I want. So I'm forcing her and myself to make time right now before it's too late and one of us gets assigned to a mission, or taken again.

Vale stares at my serious face before shrugging her shoulder and crossing her arms. When I see her surrendering expression, I let out a breath of relief that she'll stay quiet. Though I have this feeling the moment I tell her my agenda, she'll turn it into an argument as she always does.

Watching me patiently, Vale tilts her head, waiting for me to say what I want to say. Feeling hesitant about her reaction, I rub my eyes anxiously. Pushing back my hair with my hand, I snap at her as if she's already arguing with me.

"I want you, all of you. Me and you, together, until the day we die." I then say in a more gentle tone knowing I shouldn't be angrily confessing my love. "I can't to go another year acting like I'm not still ridiculously madly in love with you... And I know it's unethical of me to ask, but I'm doing it, anyway."