In The Moonlight

Anakin's P.O.V.

"Great, Anakin just great."

Vale snaps at me while staring at our ship with her arms crossed. She's standing beside Obi-Wan and Ahsoka's standing by me. Obi-Wan and Ahsoka don't seem surprised at how the ship looks; it's almost as if they were expecting it.

"I don't care how good everyone thinks your flying skills are." Vale announces to me while turning and glaring at me. "Obi-Wan's flying us home after this mission."

"It's not my fault. They ambushed us." I defend lightly, making Vale quickly declare. "Then how do you explain your landing?"

"It's not that bad, V." I sigh and wave a hand at the ship. "We just need a few parts and it'll be good to go."

I hear Vale groaning before I notice Obi-Wan patting her back to calm her down. Ahsoka is darting her eyes between me and Vale, wondering what is the problem. I guess only Obi-Wan and I know Vale gets super antsy if there's a chance she's stranded somewhere.

"It'll be alright. It's not that bad." Obi-Wan then speaks up while coming to stand in front us Vale, Ahsoka and I. "Sure... The ship's damaged, but we'll handle it like any other mission."

"With brute strength?"

Vale asks, as if it's ridiculous to treat this ship problem like a mission. Which makes Obi-Wan frown at her from her answer and it only makes me more confused since we use brute strength to handle every mission. Kenobi then opens his mouth to correct what he means, but then Ahsoka asks in a confused tone.

"With almost dying?"

"What?" Obi-Wan then blurts out in shock. "No. What?"

Darting his eyes between the girls in utter surprise with their response, Obi-Wan silently tries to calm himself down. Scrunching my eyebrows, I try to think of what else we do on missions, but I don't have the slightest idea. However, I put on a confident expression so no one sees that I'm as confused as the girls.

"Blazes..." Obi-Wan mumbles when no one says anything and reveals. "We'll handle this problem like every mission by sticking together and making a plan."

"Oh..."

Obi-Wan P.O.V.

"We get it almost every night when that moon is big and bright."

Vale sings at the top of her lungs and in the corner of my eyes I see Ahsoka watching her in awe. Ahsoka, Anakin, Vale and I are in the cockpit of a ship traveling back to Coruscant. I'm flying our ship through the galaxy with Anakin in the copilot's seat.

Vale and Ahsoka are in the passenger seats behind us in the cockpit. We're all covered in green goo from the planet we just left. The four of us have just finished a mission that was a near death experience as always.

"It's a supernatural delight..." Anakin the belches out the next line to the song. "Everybody dancin' in the moonlight."

I hear Ahsoka giggle at watching the Skywalker and Palpatine acting like pure children. She must have never seen them this easy-going and goofy, but I have several times. Vale's known to put on music, sing, or dance after a mission or when she's just having a good day.

Which, of course, Anakin always joins in with Vale singing or dancing. I've never not seen Anakin go along with Vale's lively mood. I know Anakin loves when Vale acts this way because it feels like time stops.

As I turn the ship, I see Vale stand up and turn up the volume on the ship's radio. The song blasts louder on the speaker and Vale plops down onto her seat again. I try to be the civil one out of the four since I'm driving and responsible for getting us home.