See You Soon

Vale's P.O.V.

"Try to be careful, V."

"Aren't I always?"

I tease while tilting my head and smirking at him. Obi-Wan stands in front of me at the Clone Base on Coruscant. We're about to part ways on our own missions; he's going to hunt down General Grevious and I'm searching for my mother.

We're in the middle of the Base, we have to go separate ways to meet up with our Clone units. Glancing at Obi-Wan's thick but short hair, I sigh and raise my hand to move a strand off his forehead. Wearing a crooked smile, Obi-Wan leans into my touch before grabbing my belt and pulling me closer.

"Unfortunately, you are the last person to be careful." He mumbles, while raising an eyebrow at me. Rolling my eyes, my hand goes to skim his beard as I whisper. "That's because it's not as much fun."

"Do try though, darling." Obi-Wan sighs while glancing at my lips. "I want you back in one piece."

"Kenobi, you're going on a mission to destroy General Grevious." I point out in a smug tone and grab his chin. "I'm going to find my harmless mother. I want you back in one piece."

"Fair enough."

Kenobi chuckles before his eyes drop to the necklace around my neck. He lets go of my belt and his hand comes to my chest. His fingers grasp the pearl dangling on the chain and smiles faintly.

Glancing at the necklace, I smile at the memory of when he gave the pearl to me. It seems so long ago when he gave me the pearl on the beach. When my eyes meet Obi-Wan's gaze, he offers me a smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

"I'll see you soon."

He mumbles under his breath before pulling me into a hug. Wrapping my arms around him, I let out a sigh and rest my head on his chest. His head rests on top of mine and he rubs my back as I say to him in a low tone.

"See you soon, Obi-Wan."

We pull away from each other and smile at one another. Nodding our heads as a silent goodbye, we turn away from one another. I walk toward my unit, feeling unsettled that Obi-Wan's going alone to face General Grevious.

Though, I ignore it, knowing I need to stay focus on my mission. Coming up to my squad's housing, I notice Merc, my lieutenant, eating outside with Angel, staring him down. I watch him roll his eyes at Angel before tossing some of his food to her.

She eats it without swallowing before continuing to stare him down. Smirking and shaking my head at the two of them, I stroll up to Merc and Angel. When they notice me, Angel comes at me excitedly while Merc stands up and sets his tray of food on the chair.

I pull lightly at one of Angel's large fangs playfully and she rubs her head into my side. When I turn back to Merc, I see him ambling toward me curiously. Angel then walks past him casually toward their housing sector.

"So... Where are you taking us this time, General?"

Merc speaks up in a lighthearted tone as he comes to stand in front of me. Crossing my arms, I glance around us to see if the rest of our team is ease dropping in the distance. When I see it's just him, me and Angel outside, I inform him in regret.

"To Stewjon... But I'm only taking you and Angel."

"... Really?" His eyebrows raise in surprise while setting his hands on his hips. Nodding to him, I point out in a low tone. "I wouldn't be taking you either if I didn't need a pilot."

"I guess General Kenobi won't be accompanying us then."

"Sadly, no." I murmur with a soft smirk from knowing what he's trying to say. Bitting my bottom lip, I glance at my feet and point out in a serious voice. "This mission isn't for people to know."