The Opportunity

Obi-Wan Kenobi's P.O.V.

"Welcome, it's an honor. Allow me to escort you to the great hall."

"The honor is ours. Thank you for agreeing to speak with us."

My Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, replies calmly as the advisor guides us through the castle. Glancing between the adults, I keep my hands behind my back such as Qui-Gon. I've been his Padawan for a year now; I learned so much already with his guidance. 

From sparring to interactions such as this one. My master informed me before arriving at this planet that we're here to hear the concerns about the next election their system is about to hold. They've had a few outbursts and requested support if a rite formed. 

I'm not sure what the disputes are about for this election; Qui-Gon hasn't included me in the reasonings. Naboo has always been a peaceful system, which leads me to believe these outbursts aren't a threat to the Jedi Order. He explained this is an excellent training exercise for me and it'll guide me into the next steps of my training. 

Which is the reason he requested to come here with me to hear the Queen's judgment and oversee the disputes in the city. Slowing down my pace, I walk behind the two and spot something hiding behind a stone post. Tilting my head, I sense a force on the other side and frown curiously. 

Keeping my eyes on the stone post, I seeing someone my height peek out from behind. I hear whispering and giggles coming from the person. Before I know it, I get pushed back and fall to the ground. 

I gasp and search around the floor for what has tripped me. I find nothing but the glassy marble floor underneath me. Peering up, I find Qui-Gon and the man staring down at me strangely.

"S- Sorry..." I blurt out and scramble to my feet. "I don't understand what happened."

That's when I hear another burst of giggles from behind the stone post. The sound causes both men to turn their heads in the direction. Qui-Gon raises an eyebrow curiously while I notice the other man shake his head disapproving. 

"Now, what did I tell you, Valera?" He then points a finger toward the marble post, announcing to what's behind it. "Come on out."

Suddenly a girl comes out from the post looking rather cheeky without an ounce of guilt in her expression. She seems younger than me, with short blonde hair and pale skin. Her eyes are blue and they match the dress she's wearing. 

She has on little blue slippers with a gold necklace around her neck. From a distance, I see dimples on her cheeks as she tries to hide a smile. I tilt my head, watching her curiously. 

After she takes a few steps towards us, another girl, younger than her, runs out with braided brown hair. These girls don't look the same age, but close to one another, nevertheless. The girl with brown hair gets in front of the other girl and takes her hand before defending.

"It's not Vale's fault. It was my idea."

"I find that hard to believe, Padme. I know my daughter all too well." The man huffs while looking directly at the blond girl trying to hide a smile. Folding his arms, he nods in the opposite direction we're going and suggests. "You young ladies just go on and play outside. Before I request your lesson to be pushed up sooner today."

"Say no more!" 

Padme agrees and tugs on the other girl persistently before they get into any more trouble. I watch the two girls race away in another direction, giggling and mumbling things in their ears. They glance at me once before squeaking out more laughter. When I turn back around, I find the men walking again, as the advisor explains.