Escape

Obi-Wan's P.O.V.

"I was tired of my lady. We'd been together too long. Like a worn out recording... of a favorite song."

Vale sings bluntly loud while swaying her hips to the beat. She has the liquor bottle as a mic as she sings. She's wearing a black bikini and has sand sticking to her thighs.

Anakin's dancing beside her as I sit back in the sand by the fire pit I made. We're all in our bathing suits with our own bottle. The sun has set hours ago by now and the fire I made is all we have to light the beach.

"So while she lay there sleepin', I read the paper in bed and in the personal columns." Anakin slurs while dancing, but not exactly to the beat of the music. "There was this letter I read... If you like Piña coladas and getting caught in the rain."

"If you're not into yoga. If you have half a brain." Vale belches out while spinning. When she stops twirling, she winks at me singing. "If you like makin' love at midnight in the dunes on the cape. Then I'm the love that you've looked for. Write to me and escape."

"I didn't think about my lady. I know that sounds kinda mean. But me and my old lady had fallen into the same old dull routine."

Anakin sings the next line of the song and I can tell he's getting tired. He's been keeping up with Vale's drinking, which I should have warned him about. I have no doubt he'll have a hangover while Vale and I will be peachy tomorrow morning.

"So I wrote to the paper. Took out a personal ad and though I'm nobody's poet." Anakin hums out while trying not to fall. "I thought it wasn't half bad-"

"- Yes, I like Pina Coladas and gettin' caught in the rain."

Vale sings at the top of her lungs, dancing very well, to be honest. However, she is probably the only person in the Jedi Order who can dance to any song from any planet. For as long as I've known her, she's always known what to dance at any gathering.

As she sings, Anakin finally comes to my side and plops down beside me. Smirking, I take a sip of my drink, knowing this might be the first and last time he drinks. I have a sense of guilt about letting him drink, but Vale would have just slipped him a cup anyway.

"I'm not much into health food... I am into champagne." Vale hums while rolling her hips and raising her arms. "I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon and cut through all this red tape at a bar called O'Malley's. Where we'll plan our escape."

She glances at us, watching her in amusement, and she only shakes her head. We've been drinking for hours now and Vale's still not an ounce tired. I get the sense it's because of the realization of us finally leaving Spira and getting back into the real world.

We've both thoroughly enjoyed our time here, but after three years, all of us started doing the same old thing. Same thing happened when we were here as Padawans. By the end of our exclusive training, all three of us were getting to get out and make a real difference.

I'm honestly surprised Vale didn't get antsy staying here for this long. Sure, having me and Anakin helped a lot, but Vale's always like the wind. She just couldn't help moving and never stopped for anyone's benefit.

So I waited with high hopes
And she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant
I knew the curve of her face

"How is she still going?" Anakin groans while laying on his back now. Smiling at her still high on life, I speak up for only him to hear. "I thought the same thing the whole time we were Qui-Gon's Padawans."

Watching her take another sip, I smirk and stand up. I gulp down a shot before dropping the bottle into the sand and walking towards her. When she notices me coming up to her, she smiles and dances toward me.