Two Birds On A Wire

Vale's P.O.V.

"We'll have to tell the council first thing in the morning." I think out loud as we leave the last casino for the night. "You really think they were telling the truth?"

"I sensed no lie in their minds." Obi-Wan speaks up while putting a hand on my back and walking down the pavement. "Hazy minds, but truthful minds, nonetheless."

It's well past midnight, and we finally left our last place to investigate for the night. We won mostly in all the games we place in the casinos, thanks to our skills in the force. We still have the amount of credits we used to gamble with.

"We still might need some harder proof."

I sigh before almost tripping over from my heel and I lean into him more. We're a little drunk after everything we drank, but I'm confident in us getting to our speeder and Obi-Wan driving up back to the Inn. The last few places we went to, I slowed my drinking and snuck a few waters between drinks.

"You're probably right."

He mumbles before noticing the skin on my back getting goose bumps. The night air is colder than when we came to the city this afternoon. He rubs my back and my arms for a moment before taking off his jacket and putting it around me, saying.

"We might be here for a few more days just to get more confirmation."

A few people we've talked to in the casinos knew more detail about the changes in this system. They're saying a movement will soon begin in a few systems. They listed a handful of planets in the Galactic Republic want to leave for something new.

No one we talked to seemed to care about their political opinion. They seemed more concern about their money and making profit when things change from the movement. Which is why they were telling us in the first place about what will go down soon.

Explaining to us what we should do with our assets when these plans come to pass. Obviously, that's not what Obi-Wan cared about, but it opened people in the casino to openly talk about what they sense will happen in the near future. Yet, none of them were political figures and just wealthy people with assets they want to keep.

"I think we did good tonight, though." Obi-Wan speaks up while rubbing his jaw and wrapping an arm around my waist. "Citizens are already planning for changes to happen... That's a valuable sign the rumors we heard are true- Oh, god. Anakin-"

"-Is probably sleeping." I quickly tell him from worrying about the kid. Holding the jacket around me, I rub Obi-Wan's back, assuring him. "Worse case scenario, he's sleeping in our bed because he was up waiting for us to return."

Obi-Wan nods and lets out a breath. I can tell he's not trying to think about what Anakin could have done while we're gone. Glancing around, I try to think of a way to get his mind off his Padawan. If I don't, Obi-wan is going to be brooding silently until we arrive.

We pass by bars and buildings as we walk. There is music playing in each bar we pass, but it sounds faint from outside. A few people are outside getting rides or walking home, but from the windows of bars, people are still wide awake and having fun.

"You remember that song we sang..." I think out loud when listening to the melody of the music blasting from inside bars. Leaning into him, causing him to hold me tighter, I grin, thinking of the night. "You know the one we-"

"-We sang three years ago at that bar near the temple." Obi-Wan finishes my sentence with a small smile forming onto his lips. His eyes roaming my face, he mumbles under his breath, knowing I'll smile from it. "With the crappy lead singer."

"Yes!" I grin, giggling at the memory of the guy getting back at us over staging him. We turn the corner into an alley that cuts to the lot we parked our speeder. Nudging Obi-Wan's arm with mine, I comment honestly. "Tonight kind of felt like that night."