Don't Ignore Me: Cavendish x Reader

You were leaning against the ship's wall, with your eyes closed. You needed some quiet time since everyone was so loud with the new addition to Luffy's crew. It was the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, and of course, your captain decided to celebrate new alliances. You were never one for parties, so you decided to keep to yourself. The crew knew you had issues trusting new people, nothing against them. It was just something that you couldn't do. You were much like Zoro, though you were a bit sweeter while he was salty. That's why you guys got along so well.

"Oi, (Y/N)..." You opened your eyes to see your closest friend holding out a bottle of booze to you. You took it with a smile, and he slumped himself next to you. You instantly took this chance to lay your head on his shoulder. Zoro didn't mind this. He wrapped his arms around you to keep you warm. You took a large drink from the bottle and sighed softly, closing your eyes.

"Thank you for that, Zoro." You say, handing him the bottle back, and he drank from the same bottle.

"No need. I figured with the number of people here. You wouldn't be too comfortable."

"Yeah." You said with a smile. Zoro chuckled softly. Just then, you heard your name being yelled.

"(Y-Y-Y/N) Senpai!" You turned your head and paled slightly as you saw the obnoxious loud fanboy. He was one of the ones you tried to hide from. You noticed several people following him, along with the rest of your crew. You groaned, burying your face into Zoro. Zoro held you tightly to him since he felt you shaking.

"ZO(first to initials) is real!"

"Zo(first to initials) is exactly what?" A pretty blonde boy asked.

"Zoro senpai and (Y/N) senpai ship name." Bartolomeo said with a nose bleed. You continued to shake as they got closer, and that is when Zoro held his hand out.

"Turn the other way," Zoro said, standing up.

"She needs to get used to you guys," Sanji said.

"Well, she can get used to me, unlike these idiots." The blonde one said, refusing to leave, crossing his arms.

"Leave (Y/N) senpai alone. If she wants to be alone, leave her be Cavendish." Bartolomeo said, crossing his fingers when the blonde going by the name of Cavendish began to advance closer to you, but he walked into Bartolomeo's barrier. He glared at the fanboy, but Bartolomeo only smirked at Cavendish.

"Thanks, Bartolomeo. I appreciate it." You mumbled, standing up. Everyone turned towards you that wasn't your crew. Bartolomeo turned extremely red in the face and began to roll around fanboying. You used this chance to go to your bedroom, and you lay on the bed, taking a deep breath. Just then, it wasn't long before you heard a knock on your door. You groaned, getting out of bed.

You opened the door to see Cavendish crossing his arms. You went to close the door, but he put his foot in the doorway to stop you from closing the door.

"I didn't say you can come in."

"I don't care. Who wouldn't want someone like me coming in?" Your eye twitched when he walked into your room. You groaned, turning around to face him. He was looking around before sitting on your bed, looking at you. You stared back, not making any form of facial expression. You closed the door before going to your bed lying down. Cavendish blinked, looking over at you. You had completely ignored him.

"Oi, you aren't sleeping, are you?"

"I plan to."

"You can't."

"Why not?"

"I am not sleeping."

"The world doesn't revolve around you. You are in my room. I am going to sleep." You say, turning your back to him. His eye twitched slightly. He gripped your shoulder, but he felt how tense your shoulder got when he did. You began shaking slightly when he placed his hand on you. He moved his hand quickly when you started shaking.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Get out."

"Not happening," Cavendish said, kicking his boots off. He would never admit it to anyone, at least not yet, but you were the only part of the worst generation that he didn't hate. He adored you and kept your wanted poster in his room so you would be the first thing he saw when he woke up. He was in love with you, so when you started to ignore him, it was driving him insane.

"Hey (Y/N), quit ignoring me." He said, clearly not used to the fact of being ignored.

You continued to ignore his presence, trying to ease your rising anxiety. You took several deep breaths as you tried to calm down. Cavendish gripped the side of the bed as you continued to ignore him. He went to grab your shoulder to turn you to him, but when he did, you were burning up, and you were shaking.

"(Y/N)?" His voice soon softened. He gently turned you around. His eyes widened when he saw your face, you were trembling, and you had tears in your eyes. You were breathing heavily as well, and your face was flushed. He instantly knew you were having an anxiety attack, and it was his fault. He quickly laid down beside you, wrapping his arms tightly around you; he began to whisper things in your hair, trying to calm you down. If he went to the only person who could calm him down, he felt Zoro would cut him down.

He rubbed your back as he continued to nuzzle your hair. You let out a few whimpers, and you ended up gripping his shirt tightly, not trying to freak out too much. You didn't want to bother your crew, so you had to deal with Cavendish yourself.

"It's okay. I...can leave if you want." Cavendish said, not knowing how to deal with a girl with the anxiety of new people.

"No...it's...okay. Just stay, please." You whispered. His eyes widened as he looked down at you. You were still shaking, so he held you tighter to him, rubbing his back.

"I can do it. I can get over this attack." You mumbled against his chest.

"I know you can. You are strong." Whispered, kissing the top of your head. For whatever reason, that kiss comforted you a bit. After a few extra moments, you let go of his shirt, pulling back a bit from him. He looked down at you with his stunning eyes, and he leaned his forehead against yours.

"Are you okay now?" He asked, worried you would go into another anxiety attack at any given moment.

"I-I think so..." You say, backing away fully from him, but Cavendish pulled you back to his chest. You yelped slightly as he buried his face into your hair again, sighing softly.

"I am sorry. I didn't realize you had severe anxiety about new people," he whispered, guilt filling his voice. You smiled softly, stroking his cheek.

"It's okay. Just give me some time, okay?" You say, Cavendish looked into your beautiful (e/c) before nodding his head.

"But don't leave yet. I want you to stay," you whispered. Cavendish smiled widely, nodding his head.

"Don't worry. I won't leave. You can't get rid of me that easy." He said, stroking your hair behind your ear. You leaned into his touch, closing your eyes. You slowly began to drift to sleep, Cavendish would have objected to this, but he figured you would be tired.

"I guess you can sleep for now. But I want you to give me all of your attention when you wake up," he said. You could still hear him even though you were asleep, so you smiled, kissing his nose. That action made Cavendish's face turn an intense red. He felt like Bartolomeo and understood why Bartolomeo acted the way he did over you. He didn't understand the rest of the crew, but he understood why you now.