The Rising Phoenix: Marco x Reader

You were boarding the Moby Dick now. You were saved by the Whitebeard pirates, as you were always being beaten upon. But one of the crew members saw this when you were on the island and took action. You shyly looked around as everyone was now preparing for the welcoming party for you.

"Are you okay (Y/N)?" You turned to the guy with a weird hairstyle, also known as Thatch.

"Ah yeah, it's just everyone is so welcoming. It makes me shy, that's all."

"Not used to this kind of treatment, I see. Well I promise, everyone is really happy you are here. Especially a certain Phoenix."

"Phoenix?" You tilt your head to the side, confused, and Thatch laughed before waving it off.

"Don't worry about it. You should join your party, though. It's not right for you not to be there." Thatch gave you a slight push causing you to stumble into a well-toned chest. You blushed and looked up, seeing your savior.

"A-Ahh s-sorry Marco~ I was just.."

"It's okay. I was coming to see you. Pops wants you to join us. To fully welcome you to our family." He wrapped his arm lazily around your waist and led you to the center. He was about to leave when you tugged him back when everyone was staring at you.

"Don't leave... I don't like the attention.." You whispered.

"Gurararara, my daughter~! Cheer with us. You must be here for your welcoming party!" Whitebeard said, and you nodded your head, still clinging to Marco. Marco's face tinted pink slightly, and you looked off to the side. The rest of the crew saw this and smirked, and Marco knew he was in for a world of teasing.

"I have an idea!" The freckle face boy said.

"Ace, no..." Marco said, causing you to tilt your head.

"Let's have (Y/N) and her savior Marco share a lovely dance!" He shouted, and your (e/c) eyes widened while blushing along with Marco.

"Ace... no..."

"That is a good idea, Ace." Thatch said.

"T-Thatch!" You exclaimed.

"I agree. It will certainly bring them closer." Your new father said, causing you to bury your face in your hands. Marco sighed but turned to you as the music started.

"Just one dance and I will make sure to take revenge on them, okay," Marco said, and you slowly nodded as he placed his hands on your waist and your arms went around his neck. You guys danced slowly in circles while your face was buried in his chest. He laid his chin on top of your head, glaring at Ace and Thatch as they laughed their asses off. Before the song ended, though, Marco transformed into his Phoenix form and took off into the sky with you. You squealed, clinging to him for dear life as he sat you on his back.

"I knew that would do it..." Ace grinned.

"That it did. Marco is like the Rising Phoenix. His devil fruit suits him." Thatch said, and Whitebeard laughed with the others.

"M-Marco???" You said, amazed as you looked at his form.

"I ate a devil fruit..."

"So you are the Phoenix Thatch was talking about?"

"Depends. What did he say?"

"You were quite happy that I am part of this crew now."

"He isn't wrong then. I am."

"Thank you, Marco. I owe you so much." You leaned down and hugged his wide neck, closing your eyes.

"You owe me nothing...just your love..." You heard him mumble, which caused you to smile shyly.

"I know for a fact I can give you my love if you truly want it..." Marco flew higher, smiling.

"I do... (Y/N), will you be my female Phoenix then?"

"I will love too! As long as you never give up on me." Marco continued to fly higher above the clouds.

"You don't have to worry about that. I won't ever give up on you. I love you so much even though we just met today." He stopped and just flew in a straight line.

"It's beautiful up here."

"Just like you..."

"That's cheesy."

"I know I almost wanted to puke after saying such an original line." You laugh along with him as he flies back to Moby Dick.

"Well.. how was the ride?" Thatch asked knowingly.

"It was amazing..."

"Was it truly the amazing ride or the fact Marco finally confessed you to?" You blushed and huffed.

"B-Both..." He laughed, and Marco hit his head before pulling you to his room and closing the door.

"I am gonna kill them." He mumbled, but you held his face and smiled before pecking his lips sweetly.

"I love you, and if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be dating right now."

"True. I won't kill them, just hurt them..."

"That's better." He laughed and kissed your lips once again, smiling.