Accept It: Drake x Reader

You were a retired marine who got hurt in a battle against pirates. A few months ago you would have been out on the sea hunting down pirates but now you were living a peaceful life. Well besides the fact you had a serious wound that hadn't healed right since the battle. Sengoku had forced you to retire because of one wrong attack and you could have died. He didn't want anything to happen to you.

You weren't complaining though because that meant you didn't have to run into a certain pirate. X Drake. You swore he would purposely find you just so that the two of you would fight. It always ended with him getting away, the last fight you both had though he had gotten really brave. He pulled you close and kissed you with so much passion and love. When he had pulled away you dropped your sword and covered your mouth as you stared at him wide-eyed.

He was grinning though he was blushing and he had confessed to you at that moment. That alone made you back away from him before running away, not responding to his confession. You avoided him since, trying not to fight him or even talk to him.

Right now, you were looking at the different types of jewelry on the stand. You were wanting to get out of the house since you were slowly recovering and hadn't left the house unless it was necessary.

"Anything catches your eye dear?"

"Ah yes, this (f/c) jewel necklace. It's so pretty."

"Oh, that was found on the fish-men island. It's one of a kind, you have a good eye."

"Oh really? It's gorgeous, how much is it?"

"68224.80 beli."

"Youch, but it's so pretty.

"I tell you what since it has been here awhile I can cut it down to 22741.60 beli."

"Deal, I will take it..." You paid it and placed the necklace around your neck. It matched your outfit, and the person nodded.

"It looks perfect on you."

"Thank you so much." You bowed your head and left the stand. You looked around at the other stands, not paying attention. So when you felt arms wrap around your waist you jumped slightly. You stepped forward trying to get out of the stranger's arms but they tightened their arms around your waist.

"Owe, owe that hurts let go."

"Oh sorry, are you hurt?" That voice, you recognized it, and you whipped around super fast to see Drake with concern.

"You..."

"Well, don't you look stunning?"

"Go away," you said walking away. That confused Drake because you were always up for a fight.

"You aren't going to capture me?"

"No."

"What happened to 'One day I will catch you.' Here I am..." You ignored him and he clicked his tongue grabbing your wrist and pulling you away from the crowds.

"What do you want?"

"Are you still upset that I kissed you?"

"Yes, but I am not going to bother catching you because I am not a marine anymore. If Sengoku knows that I am trying to capture pirates as a retired marine, he going to strap me to my bed until I fully recover... which will be never," you huffed and Drake frowned.

"What happened?"

"Why do you care?"

"I told you already."

"Tsk, leave me alone." You tried to walk past him but he wrapped an arm gently in front of you.

"Wait, what happened. Tell me."