Let's Take Things Slow: Heat x Reader

You were always walking down the dirt path with your head in your book. It surprised people how even though you didn't pay attention to your surroundings that you didn't walk into a tree, pole, or other people. You even managed to walk through the archery shooting rank at one time, and none of them hit you. At first, people thought it was Haki, but they soon realized you were just that savage nerd that could dodge just about anything and everything.

"Hey (Y/N), what book are you reading this time?" The store owner that was sweeping outside his store asked.

"Oh, this one is called Eve. It's really good."

"Ah must be a new book."

"Kind of new for me so that I will enjoy it." You say, smiling, and he nods, chuckling as you keep walking and reading. Kids ran around you, so you stood still before moving again. You didn't notice the pirates fighting up ahead with the marines, so when you kept walking right in the middle of it, the people's eyes popped out of their heads.

"Hey, watch out!" You didn't hear the person say, but you still managed to dodge bullets and attack.

"Hey, listen, girl, this is dangerous there are pirates here." A marine said, touching your shoulder trying to take the book out of your hand.

"Don't do it!" Was the last thing the marine heard.

"Do what?"

"Don't. Tough. My. Book." Your eyes shadowed, and you kicked him in a gut sending him flying and everyone facepalmed. You blinked, looked around, and realized you were in the middle between pirates and marines.

"Oh." You made a face and slowly backed up, laughing awkwardly.

"Sorry. I was just..." You held up your book.

"I am gonna be on my way now."

"(Y/N)!" You saw a fiery redhead holding up your little brother and your eyebrow twitched.

"Oi! Put him down." You said, pointing.

"Do you know who I am ?"

"Mmm, nope." This time everyone face planted the ground.

"That is Captain Kidd." You looked over to a bluenette zombie-looking guy. One look at you, though, and he blushed.

"Still doesn't ring a bell."

"How do you not know who we are? We are well-known pirates." A guy with a white and blue mask.

"Are you guys a good book?"

"No."

"Are you guys family?"

"No."

"Are you guys a good glass of strawberry Champaign?"

"Again, no."

"How about coffee?"

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous. NO." Kidd growled

"Then I don't keep up with whatever you are, but you are messing with my brother and my reading time. So put him down." You roll your eyes behind your nerdy glasses. Kidd watched as Heat watched you; it was abnormal for him to watch what was going on and not step in. Killer nudged Kidd and whispered something, and Kidd put the kid down before looking at you. The marines soon surrounded all of you, and you growled, grabbing your younger brother and walking away. Heat watched you go before focusing on the fight again.

"Thanks, sis."

"Yeah, yeah."

"I think one of them like you."