𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐈𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐥𝐞 IV

CTTO: chamileonidae

- camilo madrigal x gn!reader

- soulmate au! red strings of fate

- warnings! slight angst? brief mention of wound but its not descriptive, misunderstanding </3, cliffhanger sort of and like one swear word

The striking sunlight hit your shutted eyes making you stirred awake with a tired groan. You rubbed your eyes and stretched to get rid of fatigue aching in your body. The back of your neck felt sore, you knew the consequences of sleeping on the table but you were impatient for slumber. Mirabel had offered you to sleep in her room, even isabela asked if you want her to lead you to her own room but you declined. Assuring them that you would bury yourself on a soft mattress and catch a few snores.

But of course, as soon as you entered casita and mindlessly went to the kitchen, sat on the chair and lay your head on the table, you fell right asleep. You could hear casita tapping her tiles, you just woke up and you have no idea what she's talking about so you took it as a sign to wake up.

You could've slept for a few more minutes but a certain red string was tugging on your pinkie, almost like it's screaming at you to talk to camilo. You neglected the string's pulls and head to the entrance door, exiting the house.

Lately, you've been thinking, is it wrong for you to actually spend time with camilo? You kept the fact that he's still in a relationship at the back of your mind, as if it's a shadow haunting from behind you as a reminder not to get too carried away. Camilo only thought of you as a friend and you should not hope for more when he's still in a relationship.

"Yn!"

'speak of the devil,' you hadn't even made it down the hill but the bubbling voice of camilo madrigal is already calling your name. A part of you was hoping it's some sort of illusion but to no avail, you turned around to see camilo with a very wide smile on his face.

Camilo swore he meant to stay away from you and sort out his thoughts, he swore he'd stick with liliana more to somewhat 'find back his feelings for her. But when he left his room again to wash his face and saw you leaving casita, he had mindlessly brought himself back to you. If he were to describe it, it was as if he was pulled by a clear nylon string that was attached to you. He doesn't seem to mind it though.

"free day today?" you asked, smiling back whilst patting your hair for any fuzz that might've not been fixed.

Camilo nodded and got closer to you, he lifted his hands and pushed away your hand that was trying to fix your hair. He started to run his hand through the top bit of your hair, slightly and gently pulled the fuzzes away.

"should we go to the bakery? Liliana told me there was a new pastry that's on sale and she wanted me to get some," he said, pulling away his hands from you. A satisfied grin rest on his face. The light tint of red across your face didn't go unnoticed by him.

You shook your head, "I have chores to do, sorry camilo," you gave him an apologetic smile.

Camilo's smile almost faltered, "I can walk you to where you're needed, if you want? I'll double back to the bakery afterwards, I'll get you some too!"

He noticed you shifting uncomfortably and how your face was clearly trying to think of something to say. He wished that he could have just backed away and leave you be but he knew he would end up near you anyways.

"Where do you need to go?" he asked, cutting the brief awkward silence.

"my house, i need to fetch a few things and bring them to the store. It's a bit far from the bakery,"