Runaway Princess! III

CTTO: kimmyluvg

Pronouns: He/Him pronouns for Camilo, She/Her for Reader

Warnings: A little curse words, so much drama!

This is 3 years after the movie plot! Which means that Mirabel, Camilo and Reader are 18.

[Part 3 of 4]

Hours turned to days... Days turned to Weeks... You've gotten used to the life in Encanto. You've got to hang put with the children, help the Madrigals with their chores, hangout with either Mirabel or Camilo. Your life was about to be perfect... Until you have a tiny problem... You're in love with Camilo and you don't know how to confess to him. Luckily, your best friend, Isabela, got the solution for you.

"Give Camilo flowers? Won't he know that I gave them?" You asked the new Isabela as she chuckled, "Oh Y/N, I won't tell him... And certainly Dolores won't either." She said opening her door to reveal Dolores with a smile. "I'll help with the delivery of each bouquet." Dolores said, entering Isabela's room. "Well, I suppose it's like giving a letter from a secret admirer." You said as two girls squealed in excitement.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The next day, Isabela gave you a choice of flowers to start off with and you picked yellow chrysanthemums. Dolores then sneakily placed the bouquet to Camilo's bed with a note with your handwriting on it. Just in time, Camilo came in his room and found the bouquet of chrysanthemums and the note. He reads it and immediately got butterflies in his stomach.

That was the first one...

For days, you, Isabela and Dolores continued this. Until you couldn't take it anymore... "Isa, I'm gonna confess..." You said as Isabela called in Mirabel to help with your dress.

After a while, you saw Camilo waiting by the tree you and him often hang out in. He heard the rustling of grass as he chuckles, "I knew it... You're my secret admirer." Camilo said as he turned around and saw you in this beautiful yellow dress that matches his ruana and its designs. Your hair was down with a dark red carnation on your hair. Camilo was so awestruck that he didn't noticed his mouth was wide open. You chuckled as you approached him, "Hey, you can take a picture... It'll last longer." You said as you close his mouth with a finger. He kept staring at you, not wanting to break his gaze on your figure.

"So, you like my flowers?" You asked that made him snapped back to reality, "Oh, y-yeah... Their u-uh lovely..." He said stuttering, "Oh? Encanto's number 1 prankster and flirt is now flustered because of a girl?" You said innocently but you were caught by surprise when Camilo hugged you. "You got that right, princesa." He whispered to your ear that give shivers down your spine. He broke the hug as you saw his eyes gaze to your lips. You leaned in, hoping he gets the message. And what do you know! He did! He leaned in to rest his lips to yours.

The kiss was magical. It was like both of your lips were meant to be for each other. You could feel him wrap his arms around your waist as your arms rests on his shoulders. You both broke the kiss and stare into each other's eyes. With a soft smile from you, Isabela jumped out of nowhere shouting, "Hah! Finally!!!" She shouted as Dolores covered her ears with Mariano's hands. Antonio and Mirabel was about to take a picture when Luisa stepped in. Camilo held you close as Mirabel clicked the camera.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The next couple days were perfect... You and Camilo are taking care of the children, with them teasing Camilo to kiss you. Bonding with Antonio and Dolores as well as teaching them the proper royal way.

But happiness didn't go on forever like you'd hope...

Soldiers from your kingdom came to Encanto, in search of you. Dolores was the first one to hear them coming. Naturally, she would keep it to herself but she can't hide this. She told Mariano what is going on and went to you and Camilo to deliver the news. Your eyes widen with fear as Camilo asked Mariano to hide you in his home for a while, "Mi amor... Stay with Mariano... Me and mi familia will handle this." He said with a kiss on your forehead. You then went with Mariano and watch the scene unfold from his window.

The head guard of the soldiers demanded to see you but Alma and the triplets refused to cooperate with them. "We told you, we do not have the princess in this town. Leave!" Pepa shouted as thunder storms started to form on her head. "We know the princess is here. Let her out, ¡ahora!" The guard said as Felix raised a sword to protect his family, "Stop this nonsense and leave!" Felix said with Agustin. You couldn't bare to see this so you went out to the Guzman's balcony and shouted, "¡La princesa Alcharez está aquí! I am here!" You shouted making everyone in town look at you. Camilo stare at you as you skillfully climbed down from the balcony to the ground. You walked towards the guards as they bow down, letting you pass to the head of the guards.

"Su majestad... It's an honor..." The head guard said as the Madrigals bow down upon your presence. You turned to the guard, "Did you harm them?" You asked the guard as he sweats, "Su majestad..." The guard said as you stood your ground, "I asked you a question. Did you harm them?" You said again as the guard bow down, "N-No, your majesty." He said as you turned your gaze to the carriage to see your mother coming out of it, "¡Mi niña! We finally found you!" Your mother said as she opened her arms towards you.

She hugged you tight as you only caressed her back for comfort, "Yo también me alegro de verte, mamá." You said as you saw your father coming out of the carriage.

Camilo can feel his breath hitched by the sight of your father. He wondered if he would ask for your hand... Will your father accept? The Madrigals stopped bowing and watched the scene. Your mother broke the hug and gestured her husband to come close. "Y/N..." Your father said as you pick up your skirt and did a curtsy, "Father..." You said, bowing down in front of him. "Say goodbye to your friends here. We're leaving." Your father said as he turned around.

Your eyes widen, "Are you seriously going with me marrying off to some guy I haven't known?!" You said as your father turned around and glare at you, "You dare to disobey me?!" Your father said angrily as he approached you, "Fernando! ¡Cálmese!" Your mother said as she hold her husband off, "I am already happy here! Why can't you understand that?!" You shouted. Dolores covered her ears as she saw a boy coming out of the carriage.

"Su Alteza, please don't hurt your daughter." The boy said as you took his gaze. Camilo saw the boy and his attire, he was sure that this is the prince that you are going to marry.

He felt like he was out of your league, "Y/N, this is Prince Diego of Spain... He's now your prometido." Your father said as you turned to the prince, "My apologies, your majesty. But I refuse to be betrothed to you." You said as your mother sigh, "Amor, if you don't obey your father... He might..." She whispered to your ear as your eyes widen. You turned around with sorrowful eyes. Dolores placed a hand on her mouth, "Y/N?" Mirabel said as you turned your gaze away, "Very well then... Father... I accept the proposal." You said making Mirabel and Camilo gasped. Camilo's heart felt that it shattered to pieces.

"Alright then, get in the carriage. We are going home." Your father said as your mother went with you. Your head turned to meet Camilo's eyes.

With a single tear form your eyes, Camilo just understood that you have to do this. "Prince Diego?" Your father said as Diego said that he will catch up. "You're her lover, right?" Diego asked Camilo as he hesitantly nodded, "I promise I will bring her back. You have my word." Diego said as he gave Camilo a reassuring nod before turning away to join your family.