Runaway Princess!

CTTO: kimmyluvg

Summary: F!Reader is a princess from the land but she ran away from her arranged marriage and came to Encanto and fell in love with Camilo Madrigal

Pronouns: He/Him pronouns for Camilo, She/Her for Reader

Warnings: A little curse words, so much drama!

This is 3 years after the movie plot! Which means that Mirabel, Camilo and Reader are 18.

[Part 1 of 4]

On the night of the castle of Alcaraz,

"This is final, Y/N! You are to be engaged to the prince of Spain!" Your father shouted in the throne room as tears form on the corner of your eyes, "So, you don't even think twice about what I think about any of this?!" You answered as you mother walked up to you, "Hija, it is for our kingdom." Your mother said as she places her hand on your shoulder. But to took it off with her hand, "Do not touch me." You said as you left the throne room. Your mother sighs, "Ay, Fernando, are we too harsh on her?" Your mother asked your father as he shook his head, "Nonsense, that girl is already coming of age... It is her princess duty for the kingdom's future." Your father said as he sighs.

You shut the door in your room and slid down to sat on the floor. You hugged your knees and lay your head on your arms as tears came out of your eyes. They say that being a princess is living in a fairytale, "Some fairytale this is..." You mumbled in your breath with a sad smile. You heard the door knock, "Princess... May I speak to you?" Your personal maid, Sandra, asked as you stood up and opened the door, "What is it Sandr—?!" You asked but then saw her extra clothing on her hand, "Please wear this." She said, getting inside of your room, "Sandra..." You said, wanting answers, "Princess, there isn't much time but you have to runaway from the palace." Sandra answered making you even more confused, "Your parents are on their way to the prince you are betrothed to and they attempt to lock you up here in the palace until they returned. You have to leave to my birthplace." Sandra said as she gave you her clothing. "I don't understand... Why would they do something like this?" You asked, still wanting answers, "I do not know, princess. But you need to go." Sandra said as you swallowed your saliva, "Where is your birthplace?" You asked, "Encanto... Right beyond the forest to the east... You would see a colorful river... There, you can see the mountains that surrounded the magical village of Encanto... There, you will seek the help of a man named 'Felix Madrigal'. His family will help you." Sandra said as you nod and changed into her clothing. You sneak away to the closest window and climbed down to see Sandra's husband, a knight, "Princess, take this horse." He said as he gave you a cape and a sword, "Use this sword to defend yourself. Remember what I taught you." He said as you nod. Climbing over the horse and rode towards the forest.It wasn't before long that your parents have found out that you ran away. But you were already reaching the border of your birthplace. In the middle of the forest, you heard other horses following you but you outwitted them as you lost them through the number of trees. You were always as skilled as a prince training to be a knight, and you were hard to handle and very not like a princess. So an attempt to take that 'phase' of yours, your parents go to the best option... Letting you betrothed to the most highest royals. But now that you are out of the castle, you have to find this magical place called, 'Encanto'.

Morning has risen and you have reached the end of the forest and ended up in a colorful river. You got down from your horse to let it rest and drink water as you try to figure out where to cross this river, when all of the sudden you were startled by a girl by the river, "Hello?" The girl said as you jumped in surprise and attempt to run away but she crossed the river and stopped you, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not gonna hurt you!" The girl said as you place your hands close to your sword as you studied her features.

Raven black curly hair with green glasses and a very colorful embroidery on her dress. Her top has a visible pink butterfly and rainbows as well as different kinds of designs on her dress. She also wore a bag with the name 'Mirabel' on it, you felt like you can trust her. "Do you know a place called, Encanto?" You asked her as she tilted her head and pointed to her left, "Encanto's that way. I'll lead you the way. But may I ask... Why do you want to—!" She said but you sigh, "I need to go there immediately... I need to speak with a Madrigal." You said as the girl nod. You climbed up your horse and she climbed on as well. "Also, can I ask your name?" She asked. You didn't turned around but you need to answer her, "My name is Y/N..." You only said not to reveal your identity. You can feel that the girl smiled, "I'm Mirabel." She said as you ordered your horse, who you named Hera, to go where the direction is.

Not before long, you saw a town filled with beautiful colors and lots of smiling faces. The townsfolk saw you and thought you were a traveler and greeted you with a smile on their face. You smiled back and waved to them. Then, you saw children of all sort of colors... But your eyes were locked on an Afro-Lationo that is wearing a yellow ruana over a white collared shirt and brownish pants with navy sandals. The latino's eyes then caught to yours as you and Mirabel got down of Hera. You saw the latino's eyes are of a muddy brownish green that compliments his reddish brown curls, "Camilo! Perfect timing! Can you call Abuela and the rest of the family? This girl really needs to see them." Mirabel called out to the boy as he shake his head. "Hah?! Why me?!" The boy said as Mirabel hummed, "Because, you're the only one I saw here. Now go!" Mirabel said as the boy sighs before he turns his head towards you and fetched his family.

"Let's let your horse rest here." Mirabel said as you guide Hera to the horse staple to see a child talking to the horses.. 'Wait, talking to horses?' You thought, "Hola Antonio, mind if we put her horse here?" Mirabel said as the child nodded. "What's your name?" The child, Antonio, asked as it just speaks to him. You wanted to question it but you were pulled away by Mirabel to meet the family. "Mirabel! Why did you call us..?" A beautiful woman, who you believed is in her early 50s came to Mirabel, "Ah, Tia, Y/N here wanted to speak with you all." She said gesturing you to come closer. You took a deep breath before taking off your hood to reveal your appearance. You can see the boy, named Camilo, was shocked and attracted, "My name is Y/N Bella Alcarez... I have come to seek the help of the one named, 'Felix Madrigal'." You said as they all turned to the short man next to the lady with a cloud on her head... It surprises you that she has a cloud on her head, "Princess Y/N Alcarez... An honor to have you here into our lands..." Felix said as he held your hand tight, letting you know that it is okay to talk and let it all out. You felt warmth for the first time... It made you cry all of the sudden, "Ah... Are you alright?" An Afro-Latina, preferably his daughter, stood next to you as you felt the tears roll down your cheeks... "I... I need your help." You said as they all guided you to their home.