fight for you

CTTO: dos-oroguitas

Part two of: wait for you

chaaaey: THERE NOW PUT THE DOGS DOWNN

A letter had arrived to inform the Madrigals of your return. Camilo is overjoyed to reunite with you.

Camilo had kept his word. Even as eight years had passed, as Casita fell and rose back again on the hill that the two of you had once ran around on, the hope that you would return never once wavered.

Although he wanted to send you letters, he didn’t know where to write to you and your father hadn’t exactly warmed up to him even after your departure. Oftentimes he would run up to him, asking for any news from you. Though Ignacio would only regard him for a moment before silently walking away. He can’t say the same for his family though. The Madrigals and the lonely widow Ignacio Castillo had maintained a friendship of sorts. Though it seemed that Ignacio hadn’t really seen him as anything but the boy that drove his one and only daughter away from him. Often frowning and leaving the room whenever Camilo entered.

He knew his reputation wasn’t exactly the best but he had tried to show the older man his good side. Often he had pestered him, helping him out whenever he could. And try as Ignacio may, he couldn’t help but admire the boy whose smile was infectious and bright.

Camilo had spent years waiting, completely unaware that he was a boy falling deeper into the depths of love. No longer was it a silly crush and it took years of your absence to realize that.

He thought that he would have to wait longer. Not that he minded waiting but the day he had been waiting for would soon arrive.

A letter had been delivered to the matriarch of the family while they were having dinner. He recognized the seal that had your father’s initials on them as well as the wax seal’s colors. He drummed his fingers on the table, fidgeting as he resisted the urge to just snatch the letter from his grandmother’s hands.

He watched with bated breath, chewing on the arepa he ate like his life depended on it as his abuela’s serious features melted away to form a warm smile. She placed the letter back in its envelope before placing her hands on the table, glancing at him briefly.

“It seems that Señor Castillo’s daughter is expected to return from after completing her studies in the city.”

Camilo choked, an unchewed piece of arepa lodging itself in his throat.

Pepa, not noticing the choking Camilo had smiled fondly. “Oh, how sweet, you’re getting all choked up.” She stifles a soft motherly laugh, knowing how Camilo had admired and loved the girl.

Most people would argue that it was puppy love and that it would pass but her son’s unwavering patience to wait for (Name) told her all she needed to know. She was blissfully unaware that Camilo was so close to seeing the light, his abuelo Pedro on the other side—

Camilo grasped onto the table tightly, turning slightly purple as he couldn’t breathe. Was this it? Death by arepas? Granted it was a good way to go but he hadn’t seen (Name) yet!

“Oh..! Ay dios mio, you’re choking!” Panic ensued as Felix had turned to his son, about to share some fatherly wisdom, only to see Camilo choking. He immediately performed the Heimlich maneuver as Pepa thundered and rained all over the dinner table.