Red String

CTTO: misfortunebear2307 (Tumblr)

This is literally my favorite story from them GIVE THEM LOVE.

Warnings: only fluff, nothing else here

Pairing(s): Camilo Madrigal x reader

"I'm not sure Camilo, what if they aren't 16 yet? Or- what if they're very old!? Like the elderly man next door, nothing has appeared on his pinky-"

"Bonita, you've been scared for a long time; there's no way that's going to happen, and the reason he doesn't have it is because his soulmate is gone, as we all know."

There are only a few minutes till your 16th birthday, and Camilo, your closest friend, has dragged you out of your house to celebrate it with you. However, you assumed that he is also curious about the red string, considering that nothing happened on his 16th birthday.

Now you're sitting on a roof, looking down on the silent town, waiting for the clock to strike midnight.

To make this situation worse, the possibilities you imagined scared you so much that you panicked. However, your best friend is always there to save the day. He turned into Mariano, winked at you, and laughed:

"Hey, be thankful that it is not the man who constantly asks for a wedding and five children; my sister, on the other hand, is not that fortunate."

You giggle at his attempt to make you grin, and how well it succeeds. But you never told him how much you wish the other end of the thread was him. Recently, his grin has made your heart race, and his touch has always burnt you in a good way, making you wish you could tell him how you feel. However, the idea of him having another soulmate pained you too much to consider it again. And all you can do is wait for the thread to appear, without knowing how Camilo feels.

When you grin at him after he approaches you the other day, his heart beats so quick that he forgets how to breathe in a couple of moments. It's the first time he looks at you in a different light, despite always being your best friend. Your smile, the way your finger delicately wrapped around his while you were standing next to each other, the way your (h/c) hair bounced in the sunlight... You're simply too good to be true.

He's caught himself sighing dreamily at your figure numerous times, but it always hurts him when he thinks you could have another person as your soulmate.But, for your sake, he endures it and goes out of his way to convince you to hang out with him tonight, because it's a very meaningful day for you, and maybe for him as well.

Catching your worried expression, he switched to his own appearance and delicately took your hand in his. He smiles broadly, hoping to calm your nerves:

"Hey, tell you what, I'll always be there for you, okay?Don't be afraid."

"I know...WAIT IT IS HAPPENING!!"

Time flew by faster than you thought, and you watched in awe as a small red bow made of thread gently formed on your pinky. Before you can question who it is, a red thread can be seen forming. You and Camilo's gazes were drawn to the crimson string, and as it came to a halt at his finger, another red bow emerged.

You slowly look up, still stunned that the gods above granted your plea, and miss the fact that his eyes are getting watery. You give him a gentle grin while murmuring to yourself:

" Hey, look at that, you'll always be at my side then?"

Camilo laughs loudly at your comments before grabbing you by the waist and spinning you around, unconcerned that you are on the rooftop. You don't mind that you're becoming dizzy when you're still drunk on the bliss that a single thread has brought you; you laugh along with him, admiring how joyful he looks beneath the moonlight, despite the tears brimming at the corner of his eyes.

He set you down and looked you in the eyes, full of love and admiration, before leaning in to kiss your lips. But only after he made it clear to you:

" I love you, forever and always"