Never Forget

CTTO: camicuddles

Pairing → Camilo x Reader

Genre → Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Fluff

Warning → Just some Camilo angst I thought of before sleeping🙂

Word count → 1K words

Summary → Camilo's gift has a side effect were he could forgets who he is if he used his gift too much, and it looks like it's taking a lot out of him but you're there to help him through his identity crisis

It was yet another day in Encanto and it looked like the madrigals has more chores than usual, and that explains the sort of cloudy weather. You too were busy with your own chores helping your family with the store you owned, that was until you spotted a certain curly haired boy helping around. You decide to go greet your boyfriend Camilo since you were too busy this morning to meet him like you usually do and it looked like he was just as busy if not more. "Hey Camilo!" You say as you approach him but surprisingly he doesn't turn around to look at you but you are sure you're close enough for him to hear you "Camilo?" You call out again but still no reaction, you then tap his shoulder lightly making him jump and shapeshift into multiple people before turning back.

"O-oh hey amor, didn't see you there" He laughed nervously, making you give him a worried look "I called your name twice though and I'm pretty sure you heard me" You said as you cupped his face in your hands. "M-my name?" He mumbled softy looking confused. "Yeah, Camilo are you sure you're ok? Do you want me to take you back to Casita?" Now you were really worried and ready to take him back home but he gave you a nervous smile "No you don't have to do that querida, I'm fine really" Not believing his words you give him another worried/frustrated look and let go of his face, he sighed cupping your cheek in his hand "Ok how about this, I'll continue with my chores and if I don't feel too good I'll go back" You placed your hand on top of his on your cheek, leaning into his touch "Fine but as soon as you feel tired you leave whatever you're doing and rest ok?" He could tell you were REALLY worried and he appreciated it "Alright mi vida, calm down ok?" You sighed letting his hand fall from your face, then you leaned forward and pecked the tip of his nose gently "Ok, I'll stop by Casita later to check on you though alright? I gotta go back to the store" He smiles at you and leans in kissing your forehead "Alright I'll see you then mi amor" And with that you waved at him and got back to what you were doing.

◊TIME SKIP◊

The sun was already starting to set when you were done with your chores but you still had some time so check on Camilo, so once your father told you that you're done for the day you rush to the Madrigal household to check on your boyfriend as you promised. Once you got to the front door of Casita the window started moving as if it was waving at you but weirdly fast as if telling you to hurry, one you step on the tiles they immediately started moving you into the house and around it until you bumped into Pepa, who was pacing around with a thunder cloud forming above her head and when she saw you she immediately hugged you "Oh thank got you're here Y/N, I was so worried that you were not coming today" After that she started to pull you upstairs "Why? Tía Pepa, what's wrong?" You were confused but then you and Pepa came to a stop when you were in front of Camilo's door, and it was weirdly glowing a little too much making it hard to look at it properly, You then look at her with a worried expression "Camilo came back a little early today saying he wasn't feeling too well, he would not react to calling his name and then started to shapeshift into random people at weird times then rushed to his room and then locked himself in. I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't let me or anyone in then his door started to glow like that. Dolores said that she could hear him mumbling your name while crying so I sent Antonio to look for you" You then looked at the door worried out of your mind trying to prosses what Pepa said, You then walk forward and knock on the door lightly "Go away!" You could feel your heart aching when you heard how hurt his voice was "Camilo? Mi vida, It's me" You then heard some shuffling before the door opened and you were pulled in and the door was locked behind you again, and the sight in front of you made your heart shatter. There was Camilo standing in front of you, his face full of tears, his eyes red and puffy from crying and he was just shapeshifting randomly but not returning to his own body, he then looked up at you with a terrified expression "I don't remember" Is all he could say as he collapsed into your arms still shapeshifting randomly "What is it amor? What don't you remember?" You ask with a worried voice you too on the verge of tears. Camilo tried to speak but he was crying too much, you try to calm him down a little so he would be able to speak. You stayed in that position for a little bit more until you pick him on his feet at walk him to the bed, when he finally spoke "I don't... I don't remember what I l-look like Y/N..." He was about to start sobbing again when you pulled him closer to you, rubbing his back soothingly "I-i don't even remember my own name..." and with that he starts to cry harder making your heart ache even more. You try to comfort him by rubbing his back and wrapping your arms tighter around his waist, pulling him closer as he cried into your shoulder.

A while later he started to calm down a little, settling on 3-5 people to shift into instead of the whole town, you then pulled away from the hug to cup his face "Is it better now? Do you still not remember?" He only shook his head and buried his face into your chest, you then had an idea to somewhat help him. "Hey Camilo" He slowly looked up at you before shapeshifting into Antonio accidently, making it easier to hold him into your chest "That's m-my name..." You smiled, nodding you reach into your bag for something "Yeah, and look here..." You pulled out a picture of you two that you took after you officially started dating, Camilo had you on his back giving you a piggy back ride around the town, looking at the picture you remember how chaotic that day was making you smile. "... This is our favorite picture of each other" He took the picture from you and looked at it before looking back up. "T-that's me..." He points at himself with an almost un-noticeable smile on his face, you hugged him tightly while smiling too. "Yeah that's you... You wanna try turning back to yourself?" He nodded and got off your lap, standing in front of you.

And there he stood, your boyfriend was back to his usual self and you couldn't help but jump into his arms burying your face into his chest. He wraps his arms around your waist pulling you closer "Thanks Y/N" is all he said as he squeezed you tighter bringing you closer to him, now he doesn't go anywhere without a picture of you two that you wrote his name on it's back to make sure that he doesn't forget himself again.