KEEP ME II

CTTO: marlbororeddaydreams

cw ; fluff?, love at first sight, flirting, established relationships, suggestive content, light swearing, angst?, non-explicit threats of violence, jealousy, scars

pairing(s) ; camilo and carlos madrigal x fem!reader

[Part 2 of 8]

as much as carlos wants to blame the droplet or two of liquor in the juice he had been drinking for the way you had made him feel—he can't. not when he tossed and turned all night thinking about the way your body felt in his hands, the way you smiled at him, the way your nose wrinkled with every laugh or teasing word. he hardly slept a wink, his thoughts entangled with you like the fog that occasionally swallowed encanto whole. even when his eyes fluttered to the starry sky he couldn't help but see your eyes in the twinkling stars, your smile on the horizons. he feels like some dork, how did you manage to consume his thoughts with such ease?

even now as he gets ready for the day ahead he finds himself putting more detail and effort into his appearance. not a single thread loose on the maroon ruana hung over his lanky frame, the crisp white button up beneath is clean without so much as a water spot, and his pants are cuffed above his ankles neatly—perfectly even. his dark curls are styled much nicer, less brooding but still concealing one of his eyes. while fixing the collar of his shirt he shudders pleasurably. he can still feel where your hands once were.

hopefully he gets to see you again today. after that little dance number and many coming up to him showering him with backhanded praise he couldn't find you. although it wasn't difficult for carlos to figure out his twin must have been keeping you away from him. if someone as blind as mirabel could see that there was a spark between you and carlos then the more observant camilo must have too. the idiot has no idea how much that fuels him. his usual smug lopsided grin rests on his features as he makes his way out of his room. but a swift hand shoves him back inside.

stumbling back but quickly catching his footing, a harsh scowl spreads across carlos's features. "what the fu—" carlos's words come to an abrupt stop, his scowl falling to an expression of smugness when the door slams shut behind camilo. tilting his head, his honey brown eyes narrow in the slightest while dusting off the part camilo touched him at. unusually, his twin wears a burning glare and upset expression across his freckled features.

soft arched brows are furrowed, wide eyes are narrowed while sweeping over him, lips curled down into a deep frown. "we need to talk." he starts with his composure straightening and his hands falling to his sides. offering the inferior twin an eye roll, carlos snorts. some audacity he has to shove him back into his own room to "talk". when carlos takes a single step forward, camilo does the same with an unfamiliar look in his eyes. "i said we need to talk." challenge.

a soft chuckle rumbles in carlos's throat, straightening up and turning his nose up at his brother with his arms crossing over his chest. "alright, i'll start." he begins with arrogance and irritation bleeding through his tone. "where have you been hiding y/n? how is it i haven't met her or even known of her existence for seventeen years—or however long you two have been "best friends"." satisfaction pours into carlos's blood when his air quotes bring a soft snort from camilo and agitated grinding of his teeth.

"maybe if you weren't always walking around with your head in your ass you would have noticed her." camilo responds with a huff and narrow of his eyes. as much as that irritated him, carlos conceals everything behind his smug and laid back demeanor. his brother continues on while shaking his head. "listen, carlos, i know we've had our differences or whatever but you need to stay away from y/n. she doesn't need someone like you in her life."