KEEP ME

CTTO: marlbororeddaydreams

pairing(s) ; camilo and carlos madrigal x fem!reader

cw ; fluff?, love at first sight, flirting, established relationships, suggestive content, light swearing.

synopsis ; for as long as carlos madrigal could remember he's always felt superior to his twin brother camilo. in every sense one could be superior carlos was it (in his mind). there wasn't a single thing camilo had that carlos wanted, couldn't take himself, or didn't already have. that's until he meets you, camilo's best friend. with one dance and a few exchanging words carlos finds himself feeling something he's never felt before—love.

[Part 1 of 8]

if he was told to choose between being punched in the face by his prima luisa or attending this fiesta—carlos would have chosen the punch.

at least then it would be swift and quick, painful in the most mind-numbing and white hot manner imaginable but still. unfortunately he wasn't given that choice. the toned teenager leans against one of the wooden beams supporting casa de madrigal with a glass of punch in his hand. huffing out softly, his deep honey brown eyes flicker around to everyone having a good time. dancing to the music, eating to their stomachs satisfaction, drinking, playing, the atmosphere is so warm and lively. and carlos hates every second of it.

now one would wonder why one of the colder madrigals would even be in attendance if all he's going to do is sulk against the wall with a burning scowl spread across his sunkissed features. the answer is quite simple but you'd have to torture the curly-haired boy with the upturned and bulbous nose to get it out of him. because lord knows how many would take advantage of the fact that the easiest way to get carlos madrigal to do something, is to tell his mama to ask him. he'd die before ever saying no to the wonderful woman he loves more than the air he breathes. being a mama's boy is a curse.

his slender hand brushes away his overgrown deep brown curls that tickle the base of his neck. the brush back was pointless since his curls simply fell back into place, covering one of his eyes in an annoying manner he's since gotten used to. he refuses to cut his hair or style it any other way, god forbid he even look remotely similar to his annoying twin brother. it's bad enough their mama forbid them from changing appearances to differentiate the two, the least carlos can have is lengthy hair. and of course his deep maroon and burgundy clothing colour palette in contrast to señor perfecto camilo's bright sunny palette.

what a joke. his soft honey brown eyes flicker to his twin conversing with the little snot-nosed kids. entertaining them like some monkey in the circus. as if his need for validation and praise couldn't be anymore obvious and pathetic. for some reason camilo looks happier today, not as tense or anxious. whatever. pushing his freckled nose up, carlos downs the rest of the punch he may or may not have spilled just a droplet of liquor into. no one would know, it's just for a small hit at the back of his throat.

tossing the cup into a nearby bin, he can't help but crack just a hint of a smile when the tiles shift to catch the cup. "good job, casita." carlos praises, patting the beam he leans against that's tangled up with isabela's flowers and vines. dropping his hand into the pocket of his violet-maroon pants, he furrows his brows and his usual contemptful expression returns. when he tugs out the pocket watch, he tugs at the collar of his white button-up with a huff. this fiesta for abuela's birthday surely won't end for another two hours.

"what's got you so sour?" your soft voice spills into his ears from behind him. carlos's arched brows knit together, honey brown eyes flickering to see who the unfamiliar voice belongs to. when his slightly sunken eyes meet your soft and warm ones, he feels a strange tightness entrap his chest in an instant. a warm smile spills across lips painted red.