Kiss her you fool!

CTTO: wwillowtrees

Camilo quietly stared at the saplings, head tucked between his knees as he observed the plant in silence. The boy reaches out to gently touch the newly grown leaves, fascinated by its soft yet oddly rough texture.

The shapeshifter blinked in confusion as a looming shadow blocked his prize possession from its much-needed sunlight.

"It's going to burn into a crisp if you don't bring it inside." Isabella scoffed, leaning down to take the pot that served as a home for the growing flowers, blatantly ignoring her cousin's protests.

"Ai callate-!" He yelps when he feels a vine smack his left shoulder. He turns to glare at the vicious plant while it simply slithered away.

He huffed, rubbing his shoulder as he moved his eyes to watch his oldest cousin placing the saplings on the ground. The woman smiled upon the magical house known as casita, who happily moved the flower pot to a nearby window sill.

"Carnations need 4 to 6 hours of sunlight, not a whole cook-out." Isabella states, moving her hand in a circular motion as flowers began to bloom around Camilo.

"How did you know-" Isabella sent him a dead stare, an eyebrow raised in amusement. Camilo mentally slapped himself for his idiocy.

"Oh, cierto, your gift." The boy murmured, picking a flower off the ground in pure curiosity. He twirled it around with his calloused fingers as he inspected it.

"These are new, what do they mean?" Camilo asks, holding it out to Isabella. He tilts his head in confusion as the woman in question stifles a laugh.

"Those are Geraniums, they mean stupidity."

"Hey!"

Isabella cackled in response, hunching down at the sound of Camilo's annoyed grumbles.

"Espera, it's my turn to ask the questions!" She wheezed out, straightening her back as she flipped her hair to the side.

"I don't want to hear another word." Camilo muttered, throwing the flower at his cousin.

"Oh please, you tease me all the time." The woman rolled her eyes at his antics, watching Camilo stand up from his spot "Now, mind telling me who you're confessing to?"

Camilo coughed, pounding a fist on his chest as he nervously chuckled.

"I don't know what you mean-"

"You and I both know what I mean mi primo." Isabella retaliated, pointing to the saplings that gently swayed with the summer breeze. Look closely enough, and one will see a red bud beginning to bloom right before them.

Red Carnations, they symbolized pure love and affection.

"Well, it's none of your business." Camilo sassed, walking past his cousin. However, before he could enter the door, a hand on his chest makes him pause in his tracks.

"What-"

"Don't be a fool, tell her you think she's cool." Isabella interrupted, slightly turning her head towards the younger.

"This girl is clearly different if you aren't even asking me to grow these flowers for you." Isabella muttered, letting her hand fall to her side. He stayed silent, listening intently as Isabella placed a hand on her hip.

"Don't be afraid, dreams aren't found Camilo, or even foretold by tío Bruno," She told, staring off to the sun that nestled behind the white clouds.

"They're made." Camilo's breath hitched at her words.

"You've only got one chance kid, make it worth while." She pats him on the shoulder before heading off to where she heard her mother call her name.