𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥, 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥, 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗥𝗜𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗠𝗘

CTTO: fa1ry-tales 

camilo madrigal x fem!reader

word count: 2.1k

warnings: angst with a happy ending ofc

summary: [ name ] worries that camilo will find someone better

notes: whew shes a long one. this is based on the song "never ever getting rid of me" from waitress lol

i will never let you let me leave i promise i'm not lying

she could remember that day clearly. the lopsided smile on his face as he scratched the back of his neck. the way his eyes held hope and fear in them. the way her heart beat against her chest. her checks still hurt from how big her smile was.

the giggle in her voice as she spoke, the joy running through her veins.

"yes! yes camilo, i'll be your girlfriend" she exclaimed. she had been waiting for this day for months.

the two teenagers had been friends since their childhood. they grew up attached at the hip, where one was, the other was bound to be right there. he was the one to put them in trouble, and she miraculously got them out, every time.

their relationship was joyous. the kids now able to express their adoration for each other openly and without worry of the other not feeling the same. small hand holdings under the dinner table now come with a kiss on the inside of a wrist. cuddle sessions now lead to accidental sleepovers. kisses on cheeks lead to kissing attacks.

it was clear to anyone who saw the two that they were in love, not just some kind of puppy love, but the love that would last a lifetime.

pepa would be able to clear the skies when she saw her little boy and his girlfriend asleep on his bed after a long day of chores. felix would swear that his son got all of his moves from his dad.

go ahead ask anybody who has seen me trying

now [ name ] knew that her lover would never do anything to hurt her. the boy would walk to hell and back for her if she asked. and she would do the same.

[ name ] also knows that camilo is beloved by the children in encanto. he could shapeshift for pete's sake! he was a jokester, he knew how to make a kid laugh.

parents also loved the madrigal boy. he was great with kids and was reliable to take care of them. so when a young girl comes to camilo for help with taking care of her younger siblings, nobody bats an eye towards it.

"oh, camilo, just the person i needed to see" a young girl named maria calls out. 

"hola maria. what's going on?" the boy asks, trying to be as nice as possible. he was actually looking for [ name ]. he had just finished a day's worth of chores and wanted to cuddle with his amor.

"i was wondering if you could help me with the twins? they're fussing so much and i can't get them to stop. i don't know what to do" maria replies.

naturally he was going to help. he knew these little twins. they were only six months old and still needed loads of attention. he loves taking care of them, the little babies have always been so sweet with him.

soon though, five minutes became ten, ten became twenty, twenty became forty, and forty became an hour.

i'm not going, if it seems like i did

im probably waiting outside

[ name ] was at casita waiting for camilo. he was never late to a night of cuddles with her. slowly she started to worry, but tried to keep a level head. something could've come up and he was needed for something. maybe a parent needed him to take care of their kid so they could nap. [ name ] knew she could trust her best friend - turned lover.