"sixteen going on seventeen"

CTTO: kitasgloves

summary:

you've always had your eyes set on Camilo for a very long time, it was impossible not to. Camilo found you pretty too so why not take the chance? being a tad younger than he doesn't mean you're incapable of the things he says.

genre:

songfic

notes:

female reader. I do not speak fluent Spanish and all of the Spanish here is translated from google, feel free to correct me if I got something wrong though I will refrain from using too much Spanish.

warning/s:

none

It really began with the townsfolk when you heard of Camilo Madrigal. You were only eight when you saw the shapeshifter, shining brightly in the crowd with his yellow ruana under the sunlight. There was a glimmer in your doe eyes as he twirled and made the entire town cheer with delight. He was like a dream, a blazing beam. The brightest star you have ever seen. Since that day, you never learned how to take your eyes away from Camilo.

The young Madrigal only heard of you after his 12th birthday. Camilo saw you among the crowd with a beautiful dress and eyes he can easily get lost in. You were the prettiest thing he has ever laid his eyes on. He would purposely seek you out in the crowd, your eyes will meet him and he'll melt inside. The way you look at him like that made him feel so bare like you can see his soul and he loved it.

Years roll by, there were opportunities for you two to get close, and you both did. Always chasing each other around town, often relentlessly teasing each other. It was a matter of time did you both developed feelings for each other that are more than friendship. Both of you wanted to stay with each other forever.

Eventually, your 16th birthday arrives. It wasn't much of a big deal except that you're growing aware of the world around you. First, there's puberty then self-consciousness. It bothered you sometimes how you present yourself outside, you wished you didn't care but you did. But you learned how to explore how the world works around you, therefore, you weren't naive. You're perfectly capable by yourself.

Camilo was older than you, he acted in a way like he's the boss and you're just a little girl when in actuality there's only a one-year age gap between you and him. He did age excellently, Camilo was more handsome and it's driving you loca when he parades around town and spares you a playful wink. It was no secret that he was a natural performer, always catching people's attention and setting them on fire. He's charismatic, fun, and everything a girl would swoon for.

After you blow your birthday candles, you head outside your house and let the guests enjoy your birthday party. Life has been awfully slow for you. You were pretty and all dolled up for being sweet sixteen. You huffed and sat outside by the garden.

"BOO!"

You screamed. You hear a loud cackle and your face relaxes. Camilo makes an appearance, dashingly handsome as always. He takes a seat beside you with a teasing grin on his lips, you roll your eyes at him.

"What are you doing out here, cumpleañera?"

He asks. You shrug and dust off the nonexistent dust on your dress. Every time Camilo comes around, your self-consciousness goes off the roof. You wanted him to see that you're beautiful and deserving of his attention. He raises a brow and whistles.