But When He Walks In (I Am Loved)

CTTO: madrigalfics

(Camilo Madrigal x GN! reader)

Some days proved to be rougher than others. Today seemed to be one of those days, stress and a million other emotions catching up to you. You sat in a corner of your room, curled up in a ball and attempting to hold back sobs. It'd started off normally enough. You'd been following your normal daily routine, wandering around town to get chores done.

But little things began to get to you, which was unusual for you. Maybe it had to do with the fact that there were more major things happening, things you had to deal with and move on. Lately, it felt as if everyone and everything was depending on you. And how could you possibly let them down? You recalled the tiny things throughout the day that made you upset.

You'd dropped a couple of fresh fruits you'd bought and cursed silently, taking a deep breath before picking them up. Then you'd been put on babysitting duty. Usually your boyfriend, Camilo, joins you in your babysitting jobs. He was amazing with children, after all. But, something had come up at casita as he had popped in quickly to tell you he couldn't stay.

That was another small thing that spoiled your day. You could keep going, but it would take far too much time to explain everything that brought you to your breaking point. That's how you ended up in your current position, hands frantically reaching up to wipe your tears away. Your once steady breaths began to come out ragged, waves of stress and exhaust crashing down on you. You felt the familiar feeling of a knot in your throat, and you buried your head in your hands.

The sound of your window creaking open makes you freeze, suddenly recalling another earlier event. Before Camilo left earlier, he'd asked if he could make it up to you. Jokingly, you'd told him he could come see you at your place. Your boyfriend took you seriously, kissing your hands before telling you to keep your window open for him. It was late, and you didn't think he would fulfill the promise considering Pepa didn't like him being out alone at night.

You'd left it open regardless, silently pleading he would. And he did. Except, you didn't want him to see you like this. You didn't want to burden him. "Amor?" Camilo's usually cheery tone is now full of concern as he quickly takes you into his arms.

You allow him, your arms wrapping around him tightly, as if he would disappear when you let go. "Hey..." He coos at you, hands running through your hair as you release sobs from your body. "I'm sorry." You manage to choke out, face finding shelter in his neck. Camilo cups your face in his hands, a frown on his own as he leans in to peck your nose. "Sorry? For what, mi vida?" He plants a kiss on your cheeks next, watching you carefully and holding you even more carefully.

As if you were glass, and you would break at any unexpected motion. "This. I'm a mess. I know you didn't show up expecting this. You just wanted to come and relax and now you have to deal with me when you don't want to." Camilo's heart broke at your words. Sure, coming here to see you crying was not something he expected. But how could he ever just leave you here like this? The freckled boy couldn't ever think of not wanting to be with you, even through these kinds of moments.

"I don't know how you could say such untrue things, cariño." His words were serious, but light-hearted. "If you're a mess, you're the prettiest one I've ever seen." Camilo kissed your tears away, before looking you in the eyes. "Please don't ever think I don't want to deal with you." His lips finally meet yours in a soft, full of love, kiss. "I'll always be here with you. Through the ups and downs." He stands up, offering his hand to help you do the same. Once you get on your feet, he spins you almost immediately, causing you to let out a small laugh.

"There's that smile." Camilo admires, kissing you one last time.

"You, mi amor, are never getting rid of me."