man bun

CTTO: ftmcamilo

reader and camilo go to casitas roof to get away from unnecessary chores. reader realizes they have a hair elastic on them, so they put camilos hair in a bun.

camilo madrigal x gender neutral (no pronouns used) reader

no warnings only fluff :)

sometimes, you and camilo needed a break. camilo doing his chores, you following around him as if you were forced to be his helper-it got tiring. though you couldnt do everything camilo could, you still helped him with everything he did, which wore you both out. which is why you both decided to hide up on casitas roof, in a place no one will try to look for either of you if they need you.

camilos head laid in your lap while you leaned against one of the houses outter walls behind you. it was peaceful up here-just you and him, away from the noise of the village, away from the people calling your names every few minutes, away from everyone else. you ran your hand through his hair, admiring each curl that looped around your fingers at the gentle pulls.

you two had been up here a few times, after learning that camilos room was the first place people would look for you guys if you disappeared, and were never bothered, or even found by anyone. it was becoming a safe place for the both of you, where you could be yourselves and not deal with your lives.

and casita never snitched on where you two were to anyone, which made it even better. the only time the house ever bothered the two of you up here was when it was important.

you couldnt stop listening to camilos shallow breaths below you. he sounded so calm like this-his eyes were closed, muscles completely relaxed. at some point he had reached for your free hand, his thumb rubbed the back of your hand so gently you could barely feel it.

you looked from your conjoined hands back to his hair, and noticed the hair elastic you'd completely forgotten was on your wrist. an idea came to mind..

squeezing camilos hand lightly, you let go and ran both of your hands into his hair. he let out a content sigh, you smiled.

you started shaping his hair rather than just playing with it, pulling it back and combing your fingers through it to get as much hair into a bunch as possible.

"what're you doin'?" he asked quietly, opening one eye and tilting his head to look at you.

"man bun." you stated simply.

"excuse me?" he said, sounding almost offended.

you chuckled, "i'm putting your hair in a bun."

he relaxed his head again and let you continue. you held his hair in one hand and pulled the elastic over it, wrapping it around once, then twice, and that was all his curls needed to be tight enough to stay.

camilo opened his eyes again when he felt your hands leave his hair.

"i look pretty hot, dont i?" he smirked playfully.

"mm.. you look pretty, not sure about the hot part, though.. maybe another time." you smiled at him and watched his face fall into a faux frown. you giggled at him, and his expression was quick to change back to a grin.

"am i pretty enough to kiss?" he puckered his lips at you, fluttering his eyelashes overdramatically.

you leaned down close to him, and looking into his eyes, you murmured, "constantly," before pressing a gentle, loving kiss to his lips. camilo snaked his arms around your neck and held you into the kiss, his head tilting up to deepen it as best he could.

you leaned back, he pouted.

"as much as i love you, and i love kissing you, that position is uncomfortable as hell." you stared down at the pout that was still on his lips, then smooshed his cheeks with your hand. "you're cute when you pout."

camilo scrunched his nose and furrowed his eyebrows, faking annoyance.

"can you just kiss me again? please?"

"maybe.." you dragged the word out, pursing your lips together.

camilo sat up with a huff and turned around to face you. he crawled onto your lap and put his hands on your cheeks. you admired him-the way stray hairs that didnt quite make it into the bun were framing his face, how nice he looked with his hair all pulled back like that.. god, he was so pretty.. he was like eye candy. you didnt want to pull your eyes away from him.

your lips formed a lovesick smile as he pulled you into another kiss. you rested your arms on his shoulders and took the small amount of control in the situation, pressing multiple pecks to his lips, looking into his eyes and smiling between them, muttering quiet compliments about how pretty he was.

"i love you." camilo spoke between a few of your pecks.

you held a longer kiss, then pulled back, "love you too, mi amor."

just as you went to lean back in, casita began dancing around you two. then, tuning back into the world outside of just you both, you heard a call that dinner was ready.

one last kiss, and you were heading down from the roof.. much less voluntarily, as casitas tiles were pushing you both to get going.

he only got a few teasing comments about his hair.