My sign of love

Request by my friend Kai 

(she literally went pushing me to finish this while I was still writing one request for someone- ARE U HAPPY NOW KAI? now imma just go LMAOSJD)

Scenario: Reader is deaf and Camilo decided to confess to them in sign language. But the thing is is that the reader, never learnt to do so because they write on paper to communicate.

You were sitting on a bench as you can see the whole Madrigal family helping the village. As always Mirabel singing to the kids about their wonderful family.

It was nice to watch. Your family runs a bakery in where your mom cooks and your dad does the delivery. And you being the eldest daughter you help him.

Almost all of the village knows your deaf, but they still treat you good.

Mirabel, was one of your first friends. And you were her first too. After her gift ceremony failed you felt awful and interacted with her.

She was confused at first but years past by.

Your thoughts were cut off when you felt a tap on your shoulders. You turned and looked and saw Camilo holding a baby shushing it. You smiled and began writing on the paper.

'Hello Camilo! How are you?'

Camilo waves at you carefully so the baby wont cry. You love seeing him everyday. Ever since you and Mirabel became friends, Camilo tried and tried to befriend you. But once he did he would only get pulled away by his sister or abuela.

Camilo took the pencil and bends down to write on your notebook that was on your lap. 

'I'm good Mi amor. As always, i'm a bit busy with chores' He added a little emoji with cat ears on. You giggled at his sentence. 

You knew how to read but some of the words being mentioned by Camilo.. He never tells you the real meaning about it like, Mi amor or Mi vida. He always says that its a friend thing but was pretty suspicious.

He leaned his head to the side gesturing on the seat. You nodded and scooted to the side to let him sit next to you.

He then writes 'How are you? You have some delivery later right?'

You gave him a nod when a woman walks towards Camilo. It looked like she was thanking him for watching her baby.

They both waved their goodbyes and the woman left. You started the doodle small drawings on your paper. It had become your habit throughout the years.

Camilo looks at you while you draw. He always compliments on your drawings which made your heart flutter.

He took the pencil 'Its very pretty Mi vida, just like you'

Your eyes widens once he wrote that. You turned to him but he was looking away with red cheeks under his freckles.

He began to laugh. Oh you wished you could hear his voice, he must sound wonderful.

'Wanna come over for dinner? My Mami made (f/f) with Tia's famous arepas!'

'Arepas? Count me in!'

Just then one of your little siblings came in running towards you. They slowed down a bit and waved at Camilo shyly. Your little sister Anni was 8 but very wise.

She snatched the notebook and pencil pit of your hands and wrote 'dad needs help with bread giving'.

You smiled sadly, wishing to spend more time with Camilo. You stood up and motioned it to Camilo that you needed to go.