First day of school

Request by - @romanoffxwanda

Scarlett's Pov
My baby's so grown up. It feels like yesterday, she was ripping my vagina in half while I gave birth to her. I've enjoyed the last few years of taking Y/n to set with me during the day and she loved spending time with my costars, Lizzie and Florence being her favourites, even thought she doesn't really have favourites.

Last night I cried on the phone to Florence. I don't know what came over me but I got very emotional because my baby girl is growing up too fast. Next thing I know she'll be moving out with her future partner (that's if she wants one).

Flo told me to go be as close as I could with her to make me feel better. So I did. I made my way into my 4 year olds room and saw her sleeping peacefully  in her princess pyjamas, with her stuffed bear tucked under her chin. I carefully got into bed with her and slept there the whole night.

Now it brings us back to now. I haven't woken her up yet knowing she needs as much sleep as she can get or else she'll be very grumpy later. I got off her bed and went to pick out an outfit for her. It was leggings, a pink top and a cardigan for if she was cold.

"Hey baby, can you wake up for me?" I said in my softest voice, gently rubbing my thumb over her soft cheeks. She opened her eyes and immediately shut them which made me chuckle. I pulled back her duvet and blanket which earned a small whine of disapproval. "Come on, it's time for school"

"Nooo" turns out she didn't want to go after all.

"But you were so excited about going yesterday. I promise you're going to have so much fun. You'll make new friends and you get to play with them!" I tried to make it sound as fun as school can possibly get. She held her arms out for me, signalling she wanted to be carried. No matter how much sleep she gets she'll always be to tired in the morning to walk for herself.

I managed to dress my half asleep 4 year old and we started to make our way downstairs for breakfast.

"Toast or pancakes?" It's always best to give her a option when it comes to food, Y/n will eat anything but some days she's very picky.

"Pancakes!" Knowing that was going to be her choice, I already got out all the ingredients to make chocolate chip pancakes.

While Y/n was eating, I started making her packed lunch, making sure she had a drink and enough snacks to keep her going for the day.

——

Now it was the worse part and I know I'm probably over exaggerating but can you really blame me?

We were in the car and we had Disney songs playing softly in the background. From what I could hear Y/n was singing along to all the songs in the backseats of the car.

Once I got close enough to the school, I parked the car and got Y/n out. I made sure she had her backpack on her back and she held my hand as we walked into the school, too nervous to walk without me. We got to her class and I spun her around and crouched down to her height.

"I have to leave now" Wrong thing to say. Tears immediately built up in her eyes and only a few seconds later did the fall. "Hey, it's ok. I'll be back before you know it." She didn't listen though, the tears kept coming. I picked her up and set her on my hip as I rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. After a few minutes she did. I placed her back down and told her that time would fly by and I would be here to pick her up in no time.

Her teacher greeted her and took her into the classroom. She looked back and gave me a sad wave and when I tell you my heart melted, I meant it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~