Pool day (S•J)

(You, Scarlett and Rose are currently in England atm bc I'm the writer and I can make that happen :))

Monday 18th July. One of the hottest days in England this year. Scarlett and I woke up practically dripping in sweat at 9:00 am this morning. Rose had been awake for a little bit before us but she's at that age where she'll play with her toys for a little then come wake us up if we're not awake already. After cutting up some watermelon for breakfast, we put our swim costumes on and headed outside into our large garden. I gently applied suncream on Rose to make sure she wouldn't burn in this heat although she immediately jumped into the pool after, washing off the suncream. Once she came up to the surface I gently scolded her.

"Rose! I just put suncream on you!" Scarlett chuckled beside me making me turn my head towards her. "Oh you find this funny?" I raised my eyebrows towards my wife.

"Kinda" She chuckled again and before she knew it I paused her into the pool. Now it was my turn to laugh. Rose was also in a fit of laughter.

"You little-" she was about to swear but I gave her that look that said 'finish that I dare you'. To which she finished her sentence with 'turd'.

"Help me up please" She asked so innocently. See I wasn't born yesterday and I knew she was going to pull me in as soon as I gave her my hand but I played alone seen as I was going to get in the pool anyways.

Like predicted as our hands touched she used the opportunity to pull me in.

"You're lucky I love you Johansson" I teased as I wrapped my arms around her neck and my legs around her waist. Now she was swimming towards the deeper end where all out floaties were. She passed me the inflated flamingo and helped me get on knowing I love to sunbathe on them. After helping me on one of the floaties she started playing with Rose in the more shallow end. I closed my eyes and relaxed, letting the sun tan me. I stayed like this for a good half and hour, listening to my favourite girls giggling their heads off. Then it went awfully quiet. I opened my eyes to check on my daughter and wife. Bad idea. Scarlett and Rose had gotten out of the pool and grabbed a bucket, filling it up with pool water, and thought it would be funny to pour it on me. It was quite Redruth be honest but I wasn't going to let them know that.

"You little-" as I was about to finish my sentence Scarlett gave me the exact same look as I did earlier which shut me up immediately.

After their little 'prank' they jumped back in the pool while splashing me. I rolled off the flamingo and swam to my wife. I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. When we pulled away we heard a small 'gross' coming from next to us. We looked at each other having a silent conversation and before Rose knew it she had a kiss from both her mums on each cheek which she 'wiped off' as soon as she could claiming it was ''yucky''.

——

It was now lunch time and Rose was now playing on the grass with some toys she had brought outside. Scarlett and I put some summery music on and started making some lunch. We made a small picnic to eat on the grass seen as it was such lovely weather.

I made sure my two girls had drunk some water and put on suncream to stop them from burning before we ate.

——

We ended the day by lounging on the chairs outside with a cider each just soaking as much sun in as we could. We put Rose to bed an hour ago but because it was still light outside we stayed out just chatting about anything and everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay idk if i like this but what's new.

Uk weather rn 🫶🏻🫶🏻

Am i dying in this heat? Yes. Yes I am but I'm in my pool and have been for the last 3 hours so it's not really that bad as long as I'm in here.

Omg the Amazon delivery man just came and as I got out to go get the order he looked at my ass. Would be fine if I wasn't a minor and he wasn't an old man. Anygays...

Have a great rest of the day/night.

-Millie 🤍🤍