Adopted

Warnings~none I don't think
Words~1312
Y/n is 5 almost 6 and pretty smart for her age

Y/n's POVAround two years ago my mum adopted me from somewhere my mum calls 'the bad place'

Y/n's POV
Around two years ago my mum adopted me from somewhere my mum calls 'the bad place'. She said she couldn't have kids of her own so when she adopted me she said I was the best thing that ever happened to her. Yes I'm not technically hers, but she still thinks of me as her own.

About a year ago she sat me down on her bed and told me something.

*time skip to around a year ago*

Nats POV
I had somehow gotten pregnant. I really have no idea how but I have taken 7 pregnancy tests and they were all positive. I went to Bruce to make sure it was true and it was. I then asked him how it had happened. (Idk what to say so just pretend it happened and not question it lmao)

'Oh no, Y/n !' I thought to myself. What was I going to tell her. She knew she was adopted and knew I couldn't have kids so how on earth was I suppose to tell her that in a few month she's going to have a baby brother or sister.

*few weeks later*

I had found out that I was having a boy. I didn't care for the gender, I would love them the exact same.

Y/n was currently in the living room colouring and watching Barbie on the tv. I thought now was the time to tell her as she seemed to be in a happy mood.

I went over and scooped her up into my arms and started tickling her. She tapped me three times signalling that she had enough and couldn't breathe. I sat down on the sofa and placed her on my lap facing me.

"So baby, I need you to listen you me. Mummy's got some important news". I saw she was watching the tv instead of listening to me. I picked up the remote and tuned the tv off. She immediately looked at me. I continued, "And you need to listen to me carefully." I said. She had her full attention on me so now was the time.

"So, I currently have a baby in my belly. And in a few months you," I said poking her little belly. "Will have a baby brother." I smiled. She sat there for a moment processing what I had just said before she lifted my shirt and looked at my belly. She placed her small hand and started tubbing it in small circles. My heart melted right there and then.

"We're going to be best friends mummy" she stated. I was honestly shocked as to why she didn't ask any questions but also grateful as trying to explain my situation to a 4 year old would be challenging.

*back to present time*

Y/n's POV
Mummy had her baby. I didn't like him, I thought I would but I don't. He takes my mummy away and I never get to spent time with her. We used to do everything together, but now she doesn't do anything and it's not fair. She doesn't even do bath time with me anymore, she gets Wanda to wash me. I do love Wanda, don't get me wrong, but I want my mum.