Part 72- The Trigger.

Song used in this Chapter: ''I found,'' By Amber Run. 

TOLD IN ZINNIA'S PERSPECTIVE 

I drop my gun. 

And scream. 

I can't- I can't do this anymore. I can't watch Eden anymore. 

I've tried- shooting Sae. I've tried to run out of the barrier and run over to Eden. Come to her aid. Help her. Tell her that I love her. That I'm here. 

But I can't get out. I'm trapped inside of here. 

Richard won't let me out. 

Until I kill him. 

I kept saying No. I don't kill. I'm not innocent if I kill. I'm not killing anyone. Never. 

I slam my fists down onto the floor and bury my head in my hands. 

''JUST STOP THIS! PLEASE, I- I-''

I sob as I reach for my shotgun and load it, pressing it to my head. 

''Zinnia. Stop.'' 

Richard swipes his hand across the shotgun, causing it to slip out of my hands and hit across the room. 

I shake my head and scream again when Richard bends down to me. 

''Child! That's enough. You've done enough shots. It's your time to finish it, now.'' 

I shake my head and put my hands on my head. 

''NO! I FUCKING TOLD YOU, (Sobs,) THAT I DON'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE! I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU!'' 

I push him away from me. 

*And I'll use you as a warning sign. That if you talk enough sense you'll lose your mind.*

Richard walks over to me and sits down next to me, clenching my shotgun in his hands. 

''The things that we love most, are what we have to sacrifice. I know you don't want to kill me, Zinnia. But I'm begging you to. End my torture. My pain. Please.'' 

*And I'll use you as a focal point. So I don't lose sight of what I want.*

''Do you think I wanted to do this? Torture Eden. Brainwash Sae, make her crazy. Have you dealt with this. I don't want to be here, anymore. Please. Just,'' 

Richard hands me my shotgun. 

''Kill me. Please.'' 

My breathe shatters in those words that he softly whispers. 

My hands tremble in the grasp of this gun I'm holding. This gun that I only thought I wanted to use for target practice. 

Tears flood down my face. Sobbing, I nod. 

Richard smiles and nods, standing up and walking back away from me. 

My hands tremble as I close my eyes and sob. 

''Where... Where you do want...Me to aim?'' 

When finishing my sentence, I hyperventilate as more tears flood down my cheeks. 

''Aim at my heart. Please.'' 

I continue to hyperventilate as I slowly aim the gunpoint up at Richard's chest. His heart. 

*But I missed you more than I thought I would.* 

I place my pointer finger on the trigger. 

''Zinnia, Wait.'' 

I tremble and look up at Richard, as he smiles. 

''Thank you. Thank you.'' 

I close my eyes and nod as I hyperventilate again as tears stroll down my cheeks. 

I scream. 

*And I'll use you as a warning sign. That if you talk enough sense, you'll lose your mind.* 

I pull the trigger.