Part 24- Honjaigo.

Whoosh... Whoosh...Creak... 

Eden. Eden. Eden. Eden. 

I can see you... 

My breath shudders. 

My body sores. 

I open my eyes- I'm not- dead. Or in the water. 

My throat shakes. 

I'm still in the car. 

Flipped upside down. 

But- Everything looks like it froze in time. The objects inside of the car that looked like were busting out are just floating now. 

Even my own blood is still floating. 

The car is floating. 

Upside down. 

With me still inside. 

I reach for my seatbelt and grip my hand onto it. 

But it just dissolves. Disappears. 

''Oh, EDEN! You know such power comes with a curse...'' 

A Sinister growl enters through the car. 

''I welcome you, Eden. To the power of the Division. Too bad your little friend isn't alive to see it.'' 

A Tear rolls down my bloody cheek. 

''No. She's not fucking dead! Sae can live longer than you, asshole!'' 

Another growl. 

''I'm no human being, Eden. I can live as long as I want. But, Sae, No no. Sae was a little worthless human. She didn't survive such tiny impalement. She wasn't our barrier breaker. That is why.'' 

I shake my head and place my head into my hands. 

''No...NO! YOU FUCKING, SHITTY, LIAR!'' 

My voice weakens as my eyes search for tears. 

''Then, how come right now, upon this highway, I see her body laying right on the floor, Eden? Her skin is covered in bruises and cuts and jagged wounds, and oh my, she's covered in blood! Her clothes, her skin, her face! You should have stopped her from bleeding because oh wow, there's a whole fucking pool of blood under her! You can come to see for yourself if you like!'' 

I feel a cold whip grab onto my waist with a bright flash blinding my eyesight, causing me to wince and be thrown onto the ground. 

I yell in pain and slowly pull a piece of glass out of my ankle, as I gasp and throw the piece of glass off of the highway. 

I look up. 

No. No. No. No. No. 

I yell and run up to Sae's lifeless body. 

I get down on my knees and grip onto her cold shoulders. 

''Sae... Sae!'' 

I shake my head frantically as floods of tears rip down from my eyes. 

I press my hands onto her cheeks and wipe away all the blood, a tear rolling down my cheek as my grip onto her cheeks loosens. 

''Oh my god! No! No!'' 

I look down at her waist- the two wounds that she got from being impaled and being scratched that day both bleeding out onto her pants, shirt and floor. 

''Sae! Sae! Fucking- F- F- Fucking get up! I need you to fucking get up! Get up!''

My voice breaks as I keep pleading for her to give me a sign that she's alive. 

But all I see on her skin is cuts. Blood. Wounds. Bruises. 

Her hair is covered in blood and cold as I run my fingers through it, shaking my head as she still doesn't answer any of my pleads. 

I place my hand on her chest and search for her heartbeat. 

I feel nothing. 

Nothing coming from her lungs. 

Her heart. 

''SAE! NO! NO! NO....NO!'' 

I hyperventilate as my burning cries grow louder into the highway. 

''No, No, No, N- N- No...NO!'' 

I grab Sae's lifeless body and cradle her head into my chest as I grip onto her hands.  Hypoventilation from my crying hits into her hair. 

''YOU FUCKING MONSTER! ALL OF YOU! F- F- F...'' 

My cries wail louder as my voice weakens. 

''F- FUCKING MONSTERS! ALL OF YOU! ALL OF YOU! YOU TOOK- YOU TOOK HER FROM ME... YOU FUCKING MONSTERS!'' 

I scream. 

I scream just as I am the only person left on this highway. 

''Eden. I told you. You should have come with me. Now, come to the barrier with me. Let's rid of this town. Together. You have no one but me left anyway!'' 

I ignore father and dig my head into Sae's hair and wail. 

As if- 

I feel her last breath breathe onto my chest.