Part 34- Why?

TOLD IN EDEN'S PERSPECTIVE

I didn't expect to hear- feel- Zinnia crying too.

I upset her, didn't I?
I knew I shouldn't have said all of that. But the urge, the feeling, of her being that type of person I can talk to- I could only open up to her my flashbacks of that girl. I'm not ready to tell her about my actual life right now. I just can't.

And if I did- it will ruin our relationship. And I can't have that happening either. Even though I just made her cry.

" I- I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Zinnia gasps and pulls out of the hug, placing her hands onto my cheeks and wiping away the tears strolling down from my eyes and onto my bruised cheeks.

" No, No, No, Please don't apologize. You're okay. You're okay."

Her eyes are puffy and tired, as I watch more light tears stream down from her eyes. Her skin is soft as I place my hand on the side of her cheek and wipe away another tear with my gloved thumb. 

She smiles lip closed as she tilts her head into my hand. 

''Thanks. For that.'' 

She sniffles and nods. 

''I knew you needed it. I guess I kinda needed to cry anyways.'' 

Her voice breaks as she chuckles. 

My eyesight gazes onto hers as she sets hers to mine. 

We lock eyes. 

Her face is so perfect. Perfect curved cheekbones and the little flecks of the freckles on her cheeks.

''Shit. I gotta go,''

I sigh, glancing over at the window near her bedroom. It's  after dawn. 

Father's going to kill me. 

Zinnia looks down at her lap in hurt as her hands drop off my cheeks and I get off from her bed. 

''Do you want me to walk you home-?'' 

''No!'' 

Zinnia looks over at me with her eyebrows furrowed. 

''Sorry- I meant, No Thanks. I don't need you to walk me- to the place I live in.'' 

I chuckle sheepishly as I rub the back of my neck and nervously giggle. 

''Uh- Okay... Can we at least make a plan?'' 

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. 

''What?- ''

''Do you know what food is?'' 

I cross my arms over my chest. 

''Yeah, Of course, I do. I'm not some alien or something.'' 

''But, do you know what real food is?'' 

''Real... Food..?'' 

''Cakes. Desserts, Coffee! Uh- Hm. Pizza, sushi, Fruit,  really good food!'' 

Wow. 

I wonder what that is. 

''No- I don't really eat that type of stuff.'' 

''Well, how about tomorrow? We'll make some memories! I'll take you to the boring diner over here, and you and I could try out some food? At least you can.'' 

Is it a date? I can tell on the look of her face she thinks it's a date. No, Eden. You guys are just friends. 

''Why?'' 

Is the only word I pull out of my mouth. 

''I just want to give you happy memories! Come on, it can't hurt to try a little food.'' 

I smile and look down at my boots. 

''Heh, Thank you. Thank you for everything so far.'' 

She smiles and gets up from her bed, hugging me tightly. 

I blush and dig my head into her rain-scented hair. 

''Of course.'' 

She pulls away and waves goodbye as I make my way out of her room, downstairs, ignoring just the small blood stains on the stairs and railing. 

She'll be fine. 

Right?