Part 23- Possession

YEARS AGO                                                                                                                                                                                  4 Year old Eden. 

Told from her mother's perspective. 

''Mm, isn't Mommy's dinner yummy, Eden? You know I love making chicken just for you!''

I smile and pick up another fork of cut-up pieces of chicken, scooping it up on Eden's plate and then feeding it to her. 

She giggles and claps her hands together, as I smile in return and look down at her plate. 

''Oh, look at my baby girl! She ate all of her food! Ice cream time, Haha!'' 

Eden smiles and I push some of her messy brown hair back and pick up her plate, slamming it into the kitchen sink. 

I grin and pick up Eden out of her high chair, placing her on the side of my waist as I carefully wrap my hand around her and walk over to the freezer connected to the refrigerator. 

''Now, Let's choose an ice cream! Which one, baby? Choc-'' 

I glance over at the front door as my smile fades, Richard stomping inside and throwing his suitcase on the floor. 

''Daddy's home...'' 

I whisper under my breath, closing the freezer and glaring at Richard. 

''Ivy. Eden. Hi,'' 

Richard glares at me as he walks over to Eden and roughly pats her head and ruffles her hair. 

''Hey! Careful!'' 

I push Eden back from him as Richard rolls his eyes and looks at the kitchen sink, piled with dirty dishes. 

''You were supposed to do the fucking dishes! Not expect me to do them!'' 

I roll my eyes. 

''Well, I'm not your fucking maid! You know I have to take care of Eden every single fucking day when you are out! You can't expect me to do it all, Richard!'' 

''Well, I do! I take care of Eden, and I still manage to do some stuff around the house! That should be the same for you, dumbass!'' 

I raise an eyebrow and look at Eden. 

''I let you into my home, I let you be near my daughter and be near me, I take care of Eden every single fucking day just because you want to go out to work and stay there until as long as you fucking want! While I stay here every single day, week, month, taking care of Eden and the fucking house, and even shitty you! I do the dishes. I feed you two. I clean the house. I take care of Eden. I do everything. And I do all of that while you go near that little shortcut- I'm sure after your 'late shifts' and come home just to yell at me. When you think about it, you are the dumbass here.'' 

Richard glares at me in hurt. 

But anger. 

''Watch your fucking words, Ivy! You never know what Eden will turn out to be.'' 

I bite the inside of my cheek and watch him lock eyes with Eden. 

''I would never do anything to Eden! I'll love her forever. You won't,'' 

I walk past Richard and close my eyes as he yells something back to me. 

''I'm not so sure about that, Ivy! She'll be with me very soon...'' 

I shake my head and look down at Eden.