Part 49- Caves In

TOLD IN EDEN'S PERSPECTIVE 

''Where are you taking me..?'' 

I ask with fear in my voice, as I continue to look around the barrier environment Father is walking me through. 

''I told you, Eden. You have to see.'' 

I shake my head and cross my arms over my chest as Father and I walk into a dark barrier room, and as I look to my right, I shiver at bloody stuffed animals scattered all over the floor; What seems a large Teddy Bear exploded open with it's stuffing, fur, all over the floor and built into the pile. A small gun near the Teddy Bear is broken, and white gooey stuff coming out from the gun sinks into the floor, causing needles and screws to be stuck together that probably came from the gun. 

A trail of sweat drips from my forehead as I see two chairs facing together, one on the right in an odd position as the other is straight positioned, with large metal ropes and a drop of blood on the floor and arm rest. 

Father puts his hands on my shoulders. 

''That's nothing you want to worry about, Eden. This is just the place where Sae lives.'' 

I freeze. 

Father stops walking and turns around. 

''What?''

''Sae... Lives here? She- She lives in the barrier? In this place? She made this mess?'' 

I look back at the stuffed animals, the chairs. 

Father nods. 

''She likes the dark. She says that it's a way she can sleep. I don't find it odd. I wouldn't find it odd.''

He changed my question. That's not the real answer. 

I look at the two chairs. 

''Who else is here?''

My voice shakes as I say that one sentence. 

''No one. Sae lives alone.'' 

''So if she lives alone, how come there is another chair here? With ropes and blood on the floor?'' 

Father shakes his head. 

''I don't know. I barely come down here.'' 

''So... Why are there two chairs.''

My voice is not in a questioning tone anymore. I'm not asking. I'm demanding him to tell me. 

He walks towards me and pushes me forward. 

''Stop. Just walk.'' 

I shake my head and furrow my eyebrows, as Father and I walk down a dirty set of stairs, seeming to lead into a blue, dark room under here. 

Who knew the Barrier had floorboards. And rooms. 

Father crosses in front of me. 

''Come in, Eden.'' 

I step inside. 

''She's here!'' 

The room grows dark.