Part One- Hooked on a Feeling.

Just because Halloween is right around the corner doesn't mean I'm excited. 

Yeah, Yeah, Candy, Costumes, Laughter, kids running around and all that, But there could also be another side to all that fancy stuff about Halloween. 

What if the Candy is poisonous? 

What if the costumes aren't really costumes? 

What if the laughter is maniacal laughter? 

What if all the happy kids are running away from something? Or someone? 

Screw my imagination I guess, since Mother will always ruffle my hair and smirk at me when I bring up all my silly little ideas. She just says to me it's all my imagination. It's just everything I think to myself. 

I don't think it's true what she's saying, but I'm not allowed to talk back. I'd prefer getting hit with a ruler than my own damn mother locking me in my room with no food. 

'It's just my imagination, bleh, bleh, bleh.' 

Maybe I could use a trick to get out of this stupid Math class. 

All Mr. Morris does is drone on and on about fractions and converting them to Decimals, and all that. Even though I don't pay attention and instead pick at my lingering skin hanging off my finger, ( As usual,) I wouldn't think just now Mr. Morris would call on me. 

No one ever calls on me. 

''Eden, I see you are having a little skin picking session with yourself back there,'' 

I hear my classmates let out a snicker, causing me to sigh and stop picking at my fingers. 

''I just stopped. You don't have to be worrying about my little fingerpicking sessions for the rest of the period.'' 

I reply, choking down an unsteady feeling as Mr. Morris trots over to my desk and peers down at me.  

''You don't want to be getting Lunch detention again, do you?''

Mr. Morris locks his green eyes with my light brown eyes. I stare at him and look away. 

''No.'' 

I mutter, slowly putting my pale hand on the side of my forehead to block out my classmate's stares. 

''Good girl. I'll be expecting your Homework turned in tomorrow. If not, You'll have to do that little project of yours with me. No one ever wants to do their Homework with me.'' 

I stare up at Mr. Morris for a minute, shivering inside as his eyes shine a red color and his skin seems to rot before my eyes. 

The lunch bell rings, causing me to gasp and look out of my vision of Mr. Morris and stand up from my seat, letting gasping and talking of my classmates shoot by me. 

I slide my backpack over my shoulders and stuff my Math book in my backpack, glaring at Mr. Morris angrily as he stares at me. 

''You won't be heading to our Halloween school Festival this week either, Eden. You better get that Homework done if you want to mingle.'' 

Mr. Morris smirks at me, causing me to roll my eyes and walk out of the classroom. 

''I don't even want to go anyway,'' 

I mutter, making my way into the school Lunchroom.