Part 52

TOLD IN SAE'S PERSPECTIVE 

Don't you like 3 AM and After walks? Oh, Because I love them! Just the right amount of Quiet. Darkness. 

Especially when I walk around the barrier every single night; Oh wowe, Best walk ever. 

I start to get bored after I continue to walk around my Dead Teddy Bear. 

Unfortunately, I don't mourn. I never will. Because when I thought of mourning for Eden all that fucking time ago, Ha! Biggie Pony Mistake. 

Speaking of Eden. 

Can't hurt to go check in on her...

I pull out my black knife. 

Oh, How I just love Night hunting. 

I slowly walk over to where Eden's Father has her and Zinnia held captive. 

I jump down the dusty stairs quickly and land on my feet perfectly before looking through the small little window flipper thingy through the bulk door. 

I furrow my eyebrows when I see Eden's chair pulled up close to Zinnia's. Eden's hands are out of the chains that I fucking made myself! And she's tightly holding onto Zinnia's hand. It doesn't look like Zinnia is holding onto her hand back just as tightly. Eden's sleeping, I can tell, her hood pulled over her head as she sleeps in a slanted position facing down. Zinnia's head is placed limply on the right side of her chair. 

I shake my head and reach to unlock the door. 

'Hey. What are you doing?' 

I turn around. 

I look down at my hands. 

My- My knife is gone. My Hands aren't cut or bruised- bleeding. Nor painted. 

I look down at my pants- Blue Jeans? 

My shirt. Long sleeves, ragged. Black. 

My High Knee boots aren't there. I have- Stupid old Converse shoes. 

I reach for my hair. 

Why isn't it long? Why is it so short? 

Why do I look like I'm 14 again? 

'Don't be jealous.' 

I look ahead of me, my environment. Why am I in the Shortcut that I first entered with Eden? 

''No.. Stop being stupid, Sae! Just-'' 

'Don't be jealous, Sae. I'm your friend. I'll always be your friend.' 

I look ahead of me. Eden's standing three feet away from me. She looks like just how she looked when she was 13. 

Her voice starts to chant my name in my head. 

I shake my head and step back. 

''Stay away! Stop!'' 

Eden shrugs. 

''What's wrong? Are you okay?'' 

Louder. Louder. Louder. 

''NO! STOP!'' 

Eden steps forward and says my name. 

Flash. 

She's 18. When I first saw her again like this. 

She steps forward again, she's 13 again. 

Louder. Louder. Over and Over again. Scribbled images of her walk around me as she steps closer. 

No. You aren't scared! You aren't scared of her! You- You're different now! She's nothing! 

She steps closer. 

More scribbled images. More voices. More flashbacks. 

Every time she gets closer. She flashes into being 18. Then 13. Over and Over again. 

''Sae! What's wrong!?'' 

''GET AWAY FROM ME!'' 

Stop being scared! She isn't your weakness! She's- 

Sae, Sae, Sae, Sae, Sae, Sae, Sae, Lalalalala...Lalalalaa. 

''You know, I really like to hear you sing! Do you want to sing with me, Sae?'' 

She reaches out her hand. 

I step back one last time before she gets closer. 

''NO! PLEASE, GET, GETAWAY!'' 

She touches my arm. 

Boom. 

''NO! NO! NO! GET, GET-'' 

I stop. 

The Hallucinations- Gone. 

I look down at my body. I'm still- 19... Good. I'm still here. 

I look back at Eden still sleeping inside the blue room. 

I get down on my knees and grab onto my gun, pressing it to my head as I tear rolls down my cheek and onto the floorboard. 

Stop crying. 

She's not worth crying over. 

Stop crying. 

Stop crying, stop crying, Stop-