Part 53

Hallucination, of Younger Sae and Eden. 

''Stop crying. It's alright.'' 

I drown out the silent screams of the people being sucked in the barrier. 

I hear Eden's footsteps walk over to me, and sit down next to me. 

She sighs as I glance over at her and shake my head as we sit right in front of the barrier. 

Right where we can see the destruction. 

''You know. I would have stopped it.'' 

Her voice is somber as I look over her with no emotion. 

''I would have stopped all of this. All of it.'' 

She looks over at me and shrugs. 

''So why didn't you...'' 

My voice is deep and quiet as she chuckles with nervousness and cracks her knuckles. 

''I didn't know-how. I was really hoping we would still be friends. I'm sorry, of what I did to you. I didn't mean anything like that at all- to- Kill you.'' 

I soften my eyebrows and look away.

''You know I'm not a person to accept apologies. I never have been one.'' 

I look ahead of me as I watch a piece of the town fall into the darkness; the barrier. 

The wind gushes up against Eden's hair as she touches her white hair and sighs. 

''I don't want to fight you. I still, I've always wanted you to be my friend. Always.'' 

I wipe a tear away from my cheek as I touch her shoulder softly. 

She looks over at me with locked eyes as my voice grows deeper. 

''Chingu.'' 

Is the only word I can pull out, as I reach my hand out to her quietly. 

She smiles a little and looks up at me. 

''Chingu.'' 

She gently locks her hand into mine as a tear strolls down my cheek and onto my bloody pants. 

Flash. 

She's older. 

18. 

I'm older. 

And it's like we are still in the same position. 

Her hand locked into mine, the forsaken words as it feels we are worlds apart. 

I'm different than her. I look different. I act differently. I'm not- Sae anymore. 

And she looks fine with it. 

I lower my head to smile, then look up at her as she wipes a tear off her cheek. 

''Friends. I promise.'' 

She sniffles and looks away from me as I drop her hand and turn away as well. 

''Promise?'' 

I glance over at her. 

She nods. 

''I promise.''