Part 29- Them.

TOLD IN ZINNIA'S PERSPECTIVE 

As I pull out one box of fluffy Eggo Waffles from the small little freezer doors, the door into 7 Eleven busts open, causing me to gasp and watch the bell hinging onto the door fall down, creating a large screeching sound when it falls onto the floor. 

Whoever comes in from the door seems like they ran in. I can hear it's a girl's heavy breathing, her shoes stomping through the store floors. 

I get an uneasy feeling as I hear her boots get closer to my aisle. 

Should I say Hello? Who are you? Why do you seem so in a rush-? 

Why am I even asking? It's none of my business anyway. I'm not here to make friends- It's probably just some old Grandpa trying to act cool. 

I scratch my head and turn back around, quickly opening back up the refrigerator door and hesitatingly putting the Eggo Waffle box back inside it. 

''You are giving up one free choice there.'' 

I sigh and slowly turn my head to look to the right of me.  

A Teenage girl, a bit taller than me, with odd-styled white hair and glowing pale skin, dressed in some black jeans and a black shirt with dangerous-looking gloves, leans against the other freezer door not far from me. 

I stare at her for a minute,  as her grey eyes sparkle as she examines my face. 

''And what do you mean by that?'' 

She laughs. 

''I said,'' 

Her tongue swirls inside of her mouth. 

''You are missing out on those waffles. You know, some people, like me, can't even have that type of food.'' 

She walks to the left side of me as her eyes sparkle again. 

''I don't really know if I'm going to eat them...'' 

I reach my arm over to her, my hand clutching weakly on the Eggo box.

She pushes me out of her way and opens another freezer door. I flinch a little too hard from the way she pushes me, and I fall back slightly and drop the Eggo box. 

She catches onto my hand and stares at me for a second.  

''H- Hey! Do you even know what self-control is!?'' 

I growl, removing her hand off of mine and picking up the Eggo box. 

She pouts fakely in her response, pulling out a Vanilla Ice cream box and staring at it angrily. 

She scoffs and throws the box on the floor, stomping on it and kicking the box away. Vanilla ooze melts onto the floor. 

''I never really knew what Self Control is? That's because I never seemed to have it.'' 

She leans in closer as I back away hesitatingly. 

''But you know what I do know?'' 

She begins to slowly walk towards me. 

I keep stepping backward, but I feel my back hit an aisle wall. 

''I know self-defense. And I don't care who it is, I'll defend myself whenever I need to.''

She lets out a growl as I pull my head back. 

She smiles. 

''I never got your name.'' 

She twirls with a strand of my hair. 

Cute asshole. 

I raise an eyebrow and push her away from me.