Chapter 5-

THE NEXT DAY

October 29, Halloween Festival.

''I swear, Edith, The only reason I am letting you borrow my extra phone is for this! If I see you on anything or any app other than my phone number, I'll feed you to killers.''

I stare up at my mother in a fake frightened fear, watching her glare down at me and shove my body away from her.

We just silently stand in front of the Festival entrance- All I can really hear right now is booming Halloween music and loud, loud, happy screams and yells and chatter from kids and even adults, much to my quiet dismay.

Mother gives me a quick shove to the entrance, me, frowning and looking back at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

''Stop the act, Child. Be home by 6:00.''

I raise my eyebrows at my mother's statement and curl my fingers into my skin.

''Mother! It's 4:30 now-''

''Shut the fuck up, and go inside!''

Mother quickly stomps away from me, into her rusty brown car with not looking back, driving like a drunk person as she honks away.

I sigh and begin to walk into the Festival, covering my hand gently over my eyes as the glare from a clown light balloon is defiantly meant to be placed right by the entrance to blind someone.

Or for something else.

I shake my head and shove past loud and cheering kids who run past me, in costumes or just regularly with fat chicken wings or cotton Candy in their hands.

That smells like food to me.

I tap a girl's shoulder who seems to be dressed in a white ghost costume, standing on a corn dog line as she slowly turns around to look at me, and much to my surprise, the great bitch Sae glares at me as soon as she turns around.

''Oh, Hi? I didn't know you liked ghosts.''

I fidget with my hands quietly and glare at Sae, hearing her scoff and shake her head.

''And I didn't know you like parties.''

I stare up at Sae with an eyebrow raised.

''Sae, This isn't even a party! This is a school Festival-''

''And in which other words for us 8th graders, A party.''

Sae lets out a scoff right after her statement as she looks away from me.

''Why are you even on the corn dog line? I saw you on the lunch line yesterday, and you probably got what you wanted.''

Sae looks at me with a glare on her face.

''What are you talking about? I was never on the lunch line.''

Sae crosses her arms over her chest as I laugh sarcastically.

''Stop acting cute. You know what I'm talking about,''

I lean closer to Sae with a threatening expression placed clearly on my face.

Sae rubs her earlobe and shakes her head.

''Eden, I wasn't even in the Lunchroom yesterday. I was in detention- Because I pushed a boy out of my way in the school hall,''

Sae mumbles the last words of her sentence and looks down at her feet.

''What do you mean!? I clearly saw you, we even spoke to each other! Remember, when you grabbed the collar of my shirt? When you-''