Part 31- War

TOLD IN ZINNIA'S PERSPECTIVE

It almost seems I stumble across Eden at the wrong time.

She has her hands on her head, and I can see she is mumbling a soft sentence under her breath.

At least I took this way home from school just so if I can see if she's okay.

Even though every single day I feel like the population in this town grows down. More missing posters, missing children, adults, and it even led to having my school shut down for I don't know how long.

''Eden! Earth to Eden!?''

I walk up to her and softly place my hand on her shoulder, causing her to gasp and yell ''NO!'' While stepping back from me.

''Eden! It's me, it's me!''

I softly say in caution, raising my hands up over my head.

She opens up her grey eyes and sighs in relief.

''Z- Zia! Hey... I just came out here looking for you for no damn reason. Ha...''

I smile at her and nod as she nervously rubs her forehead.

''Hey, Hey. No reason to be nervous, Eden.''

I slowly reach for her hand and drop it off her forehead, causing us to lock eyes.

''Uh- Sorry..''

She shakes her head.

''No, No. It's fine.''

She removes her hand from mine and looks away.

''Hey. You two bitches.''

A dark voice enters from the left side of Eden and me, causing my eyesight to slowly blur as I look to the left.

A Tall man all dressed in black walks towards us, with about 5 of his other friends circled behind him.

''Can we help you with something? Because you came to the wrong set of girls.''

I growl, furrowing my eyebrows.

''Yeah. You are, girl. With the long hair. You robbed my fucking store.''

Eden glances over at me as I point to my chest.

''Oh, Me? Did I rob your store? Doesn't look like you could own one.''

Soft chatter comes from his little group of friends behind him.

''You know what I'm talking about. My 7 Eleven store. You came in, you picked out somethin, and you didn't pay for it.''

I tilt my head to the side.

''Actually, I was thinking of pulling out a box of Eggo Waffles. But, I didn't want them anymore, so I put the box back where I found it. It's clearly not robbing.''

He walks closer, causing Eden to glance over at me and give me a look.

Run.

I slowly back away and turn around, giving Eden a side glance as she slowly follows.

''No, fucking way, bitch!''

The Man tugs on my hair.

She aggressively throws my head back, causing me to slip on my shoelace and hit my head against the grass/mud-filled ground.

I wheeze as I watch Eden gasp and yell out; "Zinnia!" But only to be pushed into a tree on her side by one of the guy's friends.

The woman who had pushed Eden into a tree has grabbed Eden by her hood and put her in a tight headlock, while Eden tries to reach her arm out to me and break out of the headlock. But she fails.