N I N E T Y - T W O

February 27, 2000

Our honeymoon was going wonderfully. Turns out, Pansy sent us somewhere in the Tropics. We don't know all the details, we just know that we have to leave on March 3rd and she has a Portkey ready for us.

We actually heard from Pansy the day after we arrived. She sent us a Howler.

"I'M ENGAGED BITCHES! TIME TO PLAN MY WEDDING NOW! OH MY MERLIN! THEO PROPOSED LAST NIGHT AND I IMMEDIATELY SAID 'YES'! I'M ABSOLUTELY GOBSMACKED! AHH! I'LL WRITE MORE TO YOU LATER. I HOPE YOU GOT A GOOD SHAG IN! OH MY! I'M ENGAGED!"

Her next couple letters were more pleasant. She told us when we had to go and bade us a good time.

She wrote a bit about what everyone else was doing and talked about other things that didn't include too much detail.

Draco and I read her letters together over morning tea looking out at the water.

I found that this was my favourite place to be. Just Draco and I, together, on a beach in the Tropics.

Nobody else to bug us, no interruptions.

It was heavenly.

I sat sunbathing on the deck when Draco came out of the little house Pansy got for us. He kissed me lightly on the cheek before taking a seat across from me.

I pulled my sunglasses down towards the tip of my nose. "What do you have here?"

"House magazines." He replied.

That was one of Draco's requirements for getting married. After we did, we were going to buy a smaller house to accommodate us and we were going to sell the Manor.

There was just too many terrible things that happened in that house that made Draco feel uncomfortable if we were to go forward with living there.

New chapter, new house.

Narcissa has her apartment, Lucius is in Azkaban, and Draco doesn't want it. He doesn't have any heirs or cousins that he could give it to, so we're going to sell.

I just didn't think we were going to look at houses until after the honeymoon.

"We're looking already?" I asked.

"No," he tutted. "You're sunbathing, I'm looking."

"We're married now, Draco. A house is a big deal, I should have a say." I said.

"And you will. I'm just looking right now. Relax, darling." He responded, straightening out the pages.

I leaned back into the chair, feeling the hot sun on my face. It was rather refreshing to go from the cold, wintery air of England to the hot, summery air in the Tropics.

It reminded me of the warm summer we had before I got sent to Azkaban. When I was living in my little cottage in the outskirts of Little Hangleton.

An idea popped into my head. "Draco?"

"Hm?" He hummed.

I sat up in my chair, pulling my sunglasses off of my face completely. "Do you remember what you told me on my birthday a couple years back? About your dream?"

Draco tore his eyes away from the magazine with a curious look on his face. "Yes, I remember. Why?"

"After the war, I moved down to a village called Little Hangleton. It was the place where my grandparents lived before my father," I explained. "Anyway, I remembered your dream and built a little cottage on the outskirts of the town, right beside the forest."