S I X

November 4, 1998

You have to be joking.

I have to go live with him.

I'd rather die.

Not happening.

I'm going back to Azkaban. I'd rather suffer in pain and see Kayden's face in my mind.

No.

I stared at Malfoy with the most hatred I could muster. The judge was waiting for my choice.

Azkaban or Malfoy Manor?

Both are fucking prisons.

But maybe- maybe I could get revenge on Draco too.

After all, revenge is something I can do right; just ask Dolohov. Oh wait, you can't.

I won't kill him.

I can't kill him. I can't torture him. I have limits on my magic.

But I don't need magic to hurt him.

Maybe I can't hurt Draco Malfoy physically, but I can hurt him mentally and emotionally like how he hurt me.

I'll just make it worse. A hell of a lot worse.

Malfoy won't know what's hit him.

"Yes, your honour," I said sternly, still looking at Malfoy with intense hatred. "I'll go to Malfoy Manor on your terms."

As soon as I said it, a smirk came upon Malfoy's face.

He was triumphant, victorious. Well, he thought.

The judge continued. "And you will not use any Dark Magic while at Malfoy Manor?"

"Of course not." I replied, turning my head to meet the judge's eyes.

"You will be obedient and respectful to Mr Malfoy?" The judge asked.

I took a deep breath in. You have to be joking. "Yes, your honour."

Bullshit.

"Mr Malfoy, do you have any requests?" The judge turned his head to Malfoy.

He paused and looked deep in thought before he responded. "No, your honour. I don't."

The judge tapped his wand on the stand below him. "That's it. Miss Riddle is on probation and will be going back to Malfoy Manor with Mr Malfoy as soon as possible. Weasley! Potter! Take her out of that cage and return her possessions."

I was getting out.

But I was going to Malfoy Manor. You actually have to be joking.

A couple minutes later, the chattering crowd left the Courtroom and it was only Malfoy, Potter, Weasley and I left.

I sat back in my seat, biting my tongue. This is ridiculous.

Weasley came up and slowly took off the enchantments blocking me in the cage.

When he was done, he came into the cage — Potter following behind him — and he used his wand to unhook each of the locks hooking my wrists and ankles to the chair.

He backed up, letting me stretch my arms and legs and then stand up.

I was free from Azkaban.

That was it.

I made my way out from the cage, looking around the Courtroom as I did so. Then, I stuck out my hand. "My wand, Potter."

"What?" Potter replied. "Oh!" He said and then dug through his robe pocket. "Er- I think I should give this to Malfoy."