T H I R T Y - S E V E N

February 22, 1999

"Looks like you two were shagging." Alana laughed, poking her fork into her scrambled eggs.

My eyes widened, a blush forming on my cheeks. "Is everyone in on that joke?"

Draco sat down and I followed beside him. He put his arms on the table and grabbed a piece of toast. I helped myself to some bacon and some scrambled eggs.

Alana chuckled and nodded. Draco smiled childishly and I felt my lip start to tug upward.

"So, I'm assuming you sorted out the Potter situation?" She said. My mouth pried open slightly and Draco's eyes widened. Alana saw both of our faces and gasped. "Oh, I wasn't supposed to bring that up, was I?"

"No." Draco murmured an angry hint in his voice and took an awkward bite of his toast.

"Sorry about that," Alana began, her eyes focusing on me. "But I would never bring it up to anyone else; especially Ginny."

My mind wandered curiously. "What about Ginny?"

"You do not want to suffer the wrath of Ginny Weasley — and this is coming from her best friend," Alana affronted. "And kissing her ex — that she is still very much in love with — is not a very good way to do that."

"I didn't kiss Harry-"

"I know you didn't, but how do we know Harry won't twist the story. Ginny's Bat-Bogey Hex is extraordinary, you don't want to be in the way of that." She poked at her food again, staring down at it while letting out a light huff.

"I don't think Harry would-"

Draco spoke up, annoyance in his tone. "You also didn't think he'd kiss you either."

"Exactly," Alana pointed out, staring at Draco with a word of thanks. "But Gin can't really talk if you really think about it. She's had her fair share of — rebounds since the break up."

"Then she shouldn't get mad at me, should she?" I questioned.

"I think we should be safe just in case." Alana took the final bite of her eggs.

"I agree with Wood," Draco nodded. I turned to him with a slight bit of shock in my eyes. "I can do something about Potter — I will do something about Potter — but I won't touch Weaslette. That crosses my line."

"Thank you, Malfoy," Alana smiled and turned to me. "But you both didn't answer my question."

"And that was?" I asked, spinning my fork in little circles.

"Were you off shagging?" She raised a brow.

I reached for the pumpkin juice in front of me and took a heavy sip, trying to hide the upcoming blush on my cheeks.

"Why do you want to know?" Draco scoffed. "It's a bit private."

"Oh, come on!" Alana huffed. "I'm just curious. I live off of private information. That's how I survive. Plus, I don't get action of my own these days. So, — I'll ask again," she cleared her throat playfully. "Did you, or did you not sha-"

"Yes, we did." I blurted so she would stop asking the question. She was catching the attention of a couple Slytherin fourth years with her loudness.

She clapped her hands together. "I knew it. I can see the bruises on your neck, Y/N. You are truly horrible at concealing them. I could help you if you would like-"