T W E L V E

December 25, 1998

"Happy Christmas bitches!"

I ran down the stairs again and with no surprise I saw Kayden chuckling and setting his trunk down. He saw me and stuck his muscular arms out.

"Buckley," I laughed and jumped into his open arms.

"Hey Parkinson," he said as he let go of me.

His cheeks were rosy from the cold outside and his brown hair was ruffled.

Narcissa then came gracefully down the stairs.

"Ah, Kayden Buckley! How lovely it is to see you again," she said as she walked towards us, her black heels clicking against the floor as she walked.

Kayden smiled and pulled Narcissa in for a bear hug.

"Mrs Malfoy," he greeted and pulled away. "How're you holding up?"

Narcissa's smile became forced.

"As great as you can be with your husband in Azkaban and a teenage son," she said calmly.

"Speaking of your teenage son, where is that fucker? Oh, I mean ferret- um boy?" Kayden covered and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

"He's awake," I said.

"Of course you would know," Kayden smirked. I subtly stomped on his foot. "Ow! What was that for?"

"What?" I asked innocently.

The house elf, Ruby was trying to hold up a Christmas ornament that fell over and she happened to catch Narcissa's attention.

I turned to Kayden.

"She doesn't know you dumb ass," I shoved him.

"What do you mean 'she doesn't know'?"

"Exactly what it sounds like Buckley,"

"Why doesn't she know?"

"Draco doesn't want her too,"

Kayden's face dropped.

"Why not, Parkinson?"

"I don't know," I lied.

"That's not a good sign," he said anxiously.

"No shit Sherlock," I huffed. "This is for fun, our relationship. It's not even that serious,"

I lied.

I hate lying to Kayden.

"Fine," he said and shook his head. "Just- just don't get hurt,"

"I won't," I promised.

Well, today is Christmas.

Today, — for me — Christmas joy isn't a thing. Happiness is not alive and frolicking around my head with the sugar plums and the mistletoe.

It's all just numb.

He can't be gone.

He can't be gone.

There is no possible way in hell that he left; that he could leave.

It has to be a sick joke.

So, that's why I wasn't crying.

Because it had to be a joke.

Kayden Buckley was going to come into the bathroom whilst I'm here in the shower hollering Christmas carols and I'm going to yell at him to get out because I'm naked.