S E V E N T Y - O N E

July 21, 1999

From the mirror I was fixing my robes in, I could see Draco sliding his blazer over his shoulders.

It was my trial day.

In all honesty, I'm horribly nervous. I don't think I'm going to get all of my magic back, and if I don't get it back, I don't get a proper job.

According to Narcissa, the jury wanted to see me in a greater light. I needed to appear to be lighter and more airy. Mostly happier.

Sometimes, I wish Daisy wasn't such a bitch. Maybe, if she wasn't, she could've helped me here.

I wore a light blue set of robes with my hair pinned back in a more fancy knot. I had light makeup on and black heels under my robes.

Pansy and Narcissa helped with that ensemble.

I clipped on a silver bracelet, diamond earrings, a silver necklace, and watched as my engagement ring reflected in the mirror.

Draco stood behind me and placed his hands tightly on my waist before kissing my shoulder. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," I took a deep breath. "I'm with you."

He took his hands off my waist and offered me his arm as we left his bedroom and headed down the stairs of the Manor.

I did miss this place.

Narcissa waited at the foot of the stairs with her hands covering a smile on her face. Draco led me down the stairs and I followed his lead.

When we finally got down there, Narcissa said. "You both look amazing."

Narcissa was wearing a pair of light grey robes with golden trim. She looked amazing as well.

She was going to sit in the crowd with Draco, Pansy, Theo, Hermione, Harry, Alana, and Oliver (Amélie was going to watch Kaitlyn and Jeremy).

They all decided they wanted to support me.

Things have changed since November.

I gripped my wand tightly in my robe pocket as Narcissa led Draco and I to the fireplaces.

The Floo Network.

I stepped into the fireplace first and Narcissa passed me some Floo Powder.

"The Ministry of Magic." I said, clearly.

A flash of green fire engulfed me and anxiety swarmed my bloodstream. I was being pulled through tunnels left and right.

When the fire disappeared, I was faced with the navy tiles and large foyer of the Ministry of Magic.

I stepped outside of the cobblestone fireplace and onto the tiles. The fire blazed behind me and my hand wasn't empty anymore.

I looked up at Draco and smiled nervously, holding his hand tighter.

Narcissa came out of the fireplace next and followed beside her son as we headed to the Atrium.

I gave them my wand and they checked Draco and Narcissa. They gave us each a badge and then told us where to go.

We headed for the elevators and waited until we got to the bottom floor in which my trial would be taking place.